Remember as a kid when you couldn’t wait to be an adult? The thought of living on your own, driving a car, living life without rules were just some of the things you couldn’t wait for.
But now that you’re an adult, you realize that life still has rules, driving to work is something you dread, and living on your own means bills, and lots of them! Here are 23 funny adult quotes you’ll relate to if you ever wished you could be a kid again and stop adulting.
1) If funny adult quotes had to sum up adulthood for me, this would be it.
“Being an adult is mostly just going to bed when you don’t want to and also waking up when you don’t want to.”
2) Just keep saying to yourself, “I think I can, I think I can.”
“Who let me adult? I can’t adult.”
3) When even cookies make you feel emotional.
“I eat the broken cookies first because I feel bad for them.”
4) I couldn’t agree more.
“Being an adult is the dumbest thing I have ever done.”
5) That’s the right attitude!
“I may be an adult but I’m really more of an adult cat. Someone probably should take care of me but I can sorta make it on my own.”
6) Yeah, that sounds about right.
“Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane.”
7) The struggle is real…
“Shoutout to everyone who got through the day without taking a nap. Pulled an all-dayer today. Pretty rough.”
8) What would we do without coffee?
“With enough coffee I can
rule the world dress myself and use my grownup manners.”
9) I don’t know but all I do know is that coffee makes it better.
“Coffee because adulting is hard.”
10) Unless crochet is more your thing.
“I just wanna crochet and ignore all of my adult problems.”
11) Blanket forts were the best. I need to make one…now!
“I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult…If anyone needs me, I will be in my blanket fort…coloring.”
12) Irresponsibility made easy.
“How to avoid everything.”
13) So true.
“Don’t worry, kids. Being an adult is mostly just Googling how to do stuff.”
14) Ahh, parallelograms. Almost makes 3rd grade seem like it was worth it.
“I’m glad I learned about parallelograms instead of how to do taxes. It’s really come in handy this parallelogram season.”
15) It works for me!
“Drink some coffee and pretend you know what you’re doing.”
16) All you had to think about was what to play next.
“My favorite childhood memory is not paying bills.”
17) Life would be simpler and more fun!
“I’m done adulting. Let’s be mermaids.”
18) Ignorance IS bliss.
“I don’t run from my problems. I sit on my couch, play on my phone and ignore them like all other adults.”
19) When you have to pretend that you have this adult thing under control.
“I walk around like everything’s fine, but deep down…In my shoe. My sock is falling off.”
20) Some good advice.
“I officially resign from adulthood. Decisions will be made using the eenie-meenie-minie-moe method and arguments will be settled by sticking out my tongue. I’ll be at recess if you need me.”
21) I wish the car ride wouldn’t end!?
“Adulthood is like the vet, and we’re all the dogs that were excited for the car ride until we realized where we’re going.”
“That horrifying moment when you’re looking for an adult, but you realize you are an adult. So you look around for an older adult. An adultier adult. Someone better at adulting than you.”
23) Waving the white flag of defeat.
“I have putting a lot of thought into it and I just don’t think being an adult is gonna work for me.”
Being an adult means having responsibilities and just like when we learned how to ride our bike, it just take a little practice before we get it right. Please share these funny adult quotes about the trials and tribulations of being an adult with your friends and family.