Like many people, I have fond memories of school and the wonderful teachers that have enriched my life with knowledge. Our teachers also have an amazing ability to remember each and every child they teach. Even decades after teaching, you may bump into an old teacher like Lorly Schik and they will remember you instantly.
Lorly Schik, a retired kindergarten teacher, noticed a newscaster on television that used to be a student of hers. It was nearly 30 years ago but Lorly Schik remembers her former student named Cory Hepola and wrote his parents a letter expressing how much she enjoyed watching him on the K11 Sunrise news program.
Watch why this kindergarten teacher, Lorly Schik, sends a note to one of her students nearly 30 years later…
It was so great that Lorly Schik could reconnect with one of her students and it was an emotional reunion.
Here are some of our favorite YouTube comments from this video, “Kindergarten teacher (Lorly Schik) sends student note nearly 30 years later” by USA TODAY:
- “90 years old she looks 60.” – BB Human
- “My 3rd-grade teacher married my uncle lol.” – Unacceptable
- “My kindergarten teacher sadly passed away last year, at the age of 82. I will miss you forever Mrs. Wilson 😔” – Crypic13
- “Wow, I cried when the teacher had the letter from his mom I couldn’t take it omg.” – steph
- “Damn she (Lorly Schik) has a good memory…I can’t even remember last night’s homework…” – Chloe F
- “I’ve got one better. I’m a nurse and work at a nursing home. I took care of my Kindergarten teacher until she died in 2007. What are the odds?” – rickyt43515
- “My 5th-grade teacher emailed me after she read an article in the paper about me graduating from the police academy. She always knew I would make it.” – Duryl Cook
Please share how a retired kindergarten teacher, Lorly Schik, was able to meet with one of her students nearly 30 years later with your friends and family.