When you look at models or celebrities on magazine covers, you often have to wonder if they have been photoshopped. The answer is generally yes in most cases; however, while most are subtle touches, some model’s body evolutions are nearly unrecognizable after being photoshopped.
Just like this woman that wanted a photographer to airbrush away her perceived “flaws”, woman and teenage girls try to achieve the unreachable standards they see in magazines. In the following time-lapse video, a young woman gets ready to pose for a photoshoot. In the video, we get to see the body evolution done by artists and in the end, she is nearly unrecognizable.
Watch this model’s body evolution as she is photoshopped to the point of becoming unrecognizable…
The negative effects of seeing “perfect” body evolutions and unrealistic body types in the mass media are real, especially for young girls.
Here are some of our favorite YouTube comments from the video, “Body Evolution – Model Before and After” by President of the World:
- “The final picture looks nothing like the original. Might as well have not even taken the original picture, and used CGI instead. I’m guessing that’s where we’re headed in the future.” – HyperSpify
- “This is why kids and teenagers growing up thinking that they’re not pretty enough.” – Goddess and the Queen!
- “No wonder why girls and women feel the way they do.” – Sophia Delarivas
- “Is it me, or she looks a lot better before being turned into a plastic-looking toy?” – Jaime Benito
- “She looks a little deformed at the end with the length of her legs… The designer makes it too long.” – Diego BE
- “Original is still better. Much better.” – Jemi-To Shumafuk
- “The sad thing is she was attractive, to begin with.” – Frank Poe
Please share the body evolution of a model being photoshopped with your friends and family.