Leonard Cohen’s ‘Hallelujah’ has been covered by countless artists including this version of ‘Hallelujah’ sung by the Canadian Tenors; however, when you hear ‘Hallelujah’ sung by a choir and renowned vocalist, Rufus Wainwright, it sounds even more incredible. At the Luminato Festival in Toronto, Canada, a musical choir group invited Rufus Wainwright and over 1500 people to sing ‘Hallelujah’ with them.
Choir! Choir! Choir! is an open choir in Toronto and they meet up twice a week for a night of musical performances. In this performance, they sing ‘Hallelujah’ together at the Hearn Generating Station and are joined by award-winning vocalist Rufus Wainwright who sings lead.
Watch Choir! Choir! Choir! performing Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” featuring Rufus Wainwright…
This sounds so beautiful but like most live performances, it must have been an unbelievable feeling to be part of this performance of ‘Hallelujah’ sung by Rufus Wainwright.
Here are some of our favorite YouTube comments from this video, “Choir! Choir! Choir! Epic! Nights: 1500 Singers sing ‘Hallelujah’ with Rufus Wainwright and Choir! Choir! Choir!:
- “‘ There is a crack in everything, that’s how the light gets in.’ – Leonard Cohen. Rest in peace.” – Brandon Amyot
- “Imagining the entire World singing this and dedicating 2020 to taking our planet back from corruption and organized corporate crime.” – Corie Johnson
- “Just a guitar and 1500 people singing in unison. I can’t stop listening to this song.” – Robin Abraham
- “It’s so beautiful. Just look at their faces – it’s as if they’re experiencing some kind of catharsis thanks to the music. It’s the pure beauty of music!” – Karolina Dabrowska
- “Who’s watching in 2020 ????” – D Watson
- “Imagine being in that room…it would go through you.” – Harry Bickers
- “I don’t care what year you’re watching. I don’t care how many likes you have. I don’t care if it’s your birthday. I don’t care if you don’t like hallelujah. Listen. Do you hear it? It is the joy of over 1500 people. None of your bothersome comments will ruin this.” – Gatcha_Doggo_13
Please share this beautiful choir performance of Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah featuring Rufus Wainwright with your friends and family.