The variety of window furnishings available can be overwhelming but sometimes all you want is something simple and pretty. Most of us have or have had window mini blinds but if you’re looking for a new look for your room, repurposing mini-blinds into roman shades is a snap.
In this helpful video by Better Homes and Gardens, you can follow step-by-step instructions to make your own DIY roman shades! I love to repurpose items instead of throwing them away and this DIY project breathes new life into any pair of mini blinds.
Watch how to make shades with this step-by-step video tutorial…
Here is what you will need to create DIY Roman shades:
- White faux wood mini blinds
- Thick upholstery fabric
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- No products found.
- Tape measure
- Clothes iron
Here are some of our favorite YouTube comments from the video, “DIY Roman shades” by Better Homes and Gardens:
- “Instead of breaking the slats, why not remove the bottom 3 thread caps and just remove the slats that are not needed? That way if you want to use new material later, you still have more slats?” – Plant Planet Earth
- “I have some old ones that have broken pieces. What a perfect way to recycle them instead of just throwing them away!!” – golfgranny58
- “My dogs broke one of my slats on my blinds and it looks like crap now. I love this and will be doing this.” – Kristee Morris
- “Love the idea of no-sew and using blinds. I made Romans years ago, sewing, rods, the whole thing. expensive and difficult, time-consuming. I’d try this.” – Allie Hunter
Get custom window treatments that you can make for a fraction of the cost of store-bought Roman shades. Please share this DIY project for repurposing mini blinds and creating Roman shades with your friends and family.
Last update on 2023-10-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API