It can be tough to keep the spark alive in a relationship, especially when you’re stuck in a rut with the same old date night. It’s even tougher when you’re not in a relationship and just trying to find date night ideas for a first date.
But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with 101 fun date night ideas that are sure to rekindle the romance or make that first date a memorable one. From adventurous outings to cozy at-home date nights, we have something for everyone. So get out there and enjoy some quality time with your date or loved one!
Date night ideas for couples who are competitive.
1) Play a board game. There are so many great board games out there that are perfect for couples. From classics like Monopoly to newer games like Telestrations After Dark, there’s sure to be a game that you both will enjoy. And if you’re feeling competitive, you can even make it into a contest with a prize for the winner!
2) Hit up an arcade. Remember those old-school arcade games like Donkey Kong, Asteroids, and Ms. Pac-Man? Spending some time playing them can be a fun way to take a trip down memory lane – and it’s also a great way to see who can get the highest score!
3) Go for a game of paintball or laser tag. You can compete against each other or team up and take on the other couples.
4) Go ax throwing. Ax throwing may sound terrifying but it’s actually safe and increasing in popularity. In fact, it can be quite competitive, which can make it even more fun!
5) Play some miniature golf. See who can get the lowest score and then bragging rights are in order!
6) Test your knowledge at trivia night. Show off your smarts with your knowledge of trivia and then see who knows more.
7) Hit up a go-kart track. Calling all Mario Kart fans! Take your go-kart skills into the real world and race each other and see who can cross the finish line first.
8) Go bowling or play billiards. This is a classic date night activity that’s perfect for couples of all ages. And it can be quite competitive, which can make it even more fun!
Balloon fights aren’t just for kids!
9) Stage a water balloon fight. Fill up some water balloons and then let the battle begin.
10) Play strip Twister or Monopoly. This date night activity is perfect for couples who want to have some fun. You can lose your clothes and then see who can win the game.
11) Go on a scavenger hunt. Make a list of items to find and then see who can find them all the quickest.
12) Host a murder mystery dinner party and solve a murder. Dress up and then try to solve the crime.
13) Work your way through an escape room. Test your skills and then see if you can make it out in time.
14) Watch a local sports game. Root for your favorite local sports team and enjoy the game together.
15) Visit an amusement park. Ride the roller coasters and then play some carnival games to win a giant stuffed animal for your date.
16) Throw a casino night. Set up some games and then see who can win the most money.
Ideas for couples who enjoy music.
17) Go to an open mic show. This is a great date night activity if you’re both into music or just enjoy watching live performances. Plus, it’s usually free to get in and you can support local talent!
18) Check out some live music. See a local band or even just listen to some music in the park.
19) Make a playlist. Choose your favorite songs together and then put them all together in a playlist.
20) Two words: Karaoke night. Find a local karaoke bar and belt out your favorite songs together.
21) Take a dance lesson. Find a variety of dance classes, from ballroom dancing to hip-hop, so you can find one that interests you both.
Date night ideas for couples who are creative…
22) Take an art or cooking class. Whether you like to paint or want to cook together, there are often a variety of classes available, from painting to cooking, and even pottery, so you can find one that interests you both.
23) Visit an art museum or gallery. If you’re not the artistic type, you can still enjoy art by visiting a local museum or gallery. Many museums offer free admission days or discounts for students, so this date can be quite affordable.
24) Take a ceramics class. Make your own pottery or work on a piece together. Next, paint it however you like.
25) Draw each other. Draw a portrait of the other person and then trade them.
26) Find a DIY YouTube tutorial to try. It’s easy to find a tutorial on YouTube for anything from painting to woodworking and then give it a try!
27) Take a pottery-making class. Make a pot together and then take it home with you.
28) Go hot air ballooning. Float through the air and take in the wonderful sights together.
29) Go ice staking. This date night activity is perfect for couples who want to try something new. Strap on some skates and then glide across the ice.
…or just want to try something new.
30) Try a new restaurant. Find a new place to eat and then see what all the buzz is about.
31) Listen to a podcast. Find a podcast that interests you and your date and listen to it together.
32) Have a themed dinner night. Pick a theme and then make a meal that goes along with it.
33) Have a paint and sip night. Paint each of your own masterpieces and then drink some wine while you admire your work.
34) Take on a Pinterest project. Find a project on Pinterest that interests you and then work on it together.
35) Make a time capsule. Fill a time capsule with mementos and then bury it with a promise to open it at a specific moment in the future.
36) Spend time at an aquarium or zoo. Walk around and then see all the different creatures.
37) Drink and write funny limericks. This date night activity is perfect for couples who enjoy a good laugh. You each write a funny limerick and then share them with each other for a laugh.
Date night ideas for couples that enjoy being active.
38) Go bike riding. Explore your city or town by bike, or even take a scenic ride in the countryside.
39) Get some exercise. Go for a run, play some tennis, or even just take a walk in the park.
40) Go for a run. Go for a run together or even just walk around the block.
41) Go indoor trampolining. Jump around and have fun together.
42) Go for a walk. Explore your neighborhood and then find a new route to take.
43) Seek out a swimming pool. Find a local pool and then take a dip together.
44) Two words: Go skiing. Hit the slopes and then warm up with some hot cocoa.
Date night ideas for couples who love food and drinks.
45) Meet for breakfast. If you’re both busy during the weekdays, why not meet for breakfast on Saturday or Sunday morning? Enjoy a leisurely meal and catch up on all the latest news or happenings during the past week.
46) Take cooking, baking, or cake decorating classes. If you both enjoy food, taking a cooking class is the perfect date night activity. You can learn to cook new dishes or bake some tasty treats.
47) Explore a farmer’s market. Wander through the stalls, sample some food, and buy some ingredients to cook with later.
48) Try a food truck. Find a food truck that serves your favorite type of food and then share a meal together.
49) Go fruit picking. Pick your own fruit and then make a delicious pie or cobbler together.
50) Go on a picnic. Pack a picnic lunch and then find a beautiful spot to eat it.
51) Have a DIY wine tasting. Buy a few bottles of different wines and then taste them together at home.
52) Go on a local food tour. Go to different restaurants and try new dishes together.
53) Order take-out and eat it in your living room by candlelight. Order your favorite food and then enjoy it in the comfort of your own home.
54) Go on a drive-thru restaurant hop and eat each course of your meal at a different restaurant. Try different foods and then compare your favorites at the end.
55) Go to a food festival. Try new products from food vendors and then find your favorites.
56) Go on a wine tour. Learn about the different types of wine and then taste some of your favorites at the winery.
Cooking makes for a fun date!
57) Make a fun new recipe. Find a new recipe and make it together.
58) Dinner date night. Cook dinner at home or go out to a restaurant.
59) Make fresh pasta. Make the dough from scratch and then use it to create a delicious meal.
60) Make S’mores. Toast some marshmallows, melt some chocolate and smash them together between graham crackers to make some delicious S’mores.
61) Organize a brunch. Invite some friends over and make a big breakfast spread.
62) Create a fantastic meal together. If you both enjoy cooking, why not spend date night creating a fantastic meal? You can cook something new or make your favorite dish.
63) Host a 2-person chef competition. It’s time to channel your inner Gordon Ramsay! Make your own food dishes and then judge each other’s creations.
64) Make a build-your-own ice cream bar. This date night activity is perfect for couples who have a sweet tooth. You can choose your own toppings and then enjoy your creation.
Ideas for couples who love to relax.
65) Browse a bookstore. Browse the shelves together and find new books to add to your reading list.
66) Have a conversation over coffee. If you’re both busy during the weekdays, why not meet for coffee on Saturday or Sunday morning? You can catch up on all the latest news and have a leisurely conversation over a cup of your favorite java.
67) Pop by a cat cafe. Relax with a cup of coffee and some furry feline friends.
68) Go to a poetry reading. Find a local poet and then listen to them read their work aloud.
69) Relax at the spa. Book a couples massage and then spend some time in the sauna or steam room.
70) Do yoga together. Find a yoga class or do it at home and then get ready to stretch your muscles.
Date night ideas for couples who enjoy spending time outdoors.
71) Build a campfire. Roast marshmallows or hot dogs, tell ghost stories, and just relax in each other’s company.
72) Go out camping in the great outdoors or in your backyard. If you’re both nature lovers, spending a night under the stars is the perfect date night activity. You can pitch a tent, build a fire, and just enjoy each other’s company.
73) Hit the driving range. Hit some balls and then have a picnic dinner on the green.
74) Hit the beach. Build a sandcastle, go swimming, or just relax on the beach.
75) Play in the snow. Build a snowman, go sledding, or just have a snowball fight.
76) Rent a paddleboat, rowboat, or kayak and head to a lake. Paddle around the lake and enjoy the beautiful scenery together.
77) Start a garden. Plant some flowers or vegetables and watch them grow together.
78) Take a hike. Explore the great outdoors and then find a spot to relax.
79) Stargaze together at a planetarium or outside, under the stars. Learn about the stars and then find your favorite constellations.
Date night activities for couples who like to be entertained.
80) Binge on a TV series. If you’re both fans of a particular TV show, why not spend date night binge-watching it? You can make it into a competition to see who can predict what’s going to happen next or even dress up as your favorite characters!
81) Go to a drive-in theatre. Watch a movie from the comfort of your own car and snuggle up with your date.
82) Make it a movie night. Make some popcorn and snuggle up together to watch a movie.
83) Visit a haunted house. Visit a local haunted house or even go on a ghost tour.
84) Go to a comedy show. See a local comedian or even just watch some stand-up comedy on TV.
Date night ideas for couples who want to show their love for each other.
85) Get each other gifts. Pick out a gift for the other person and then exchange them.
86) Get a couple’s tattoo. Get matching couple tattoos that represent your relationship.
87) Write each other love letters. This date night activity is perfect for couples who want to express their love. You can write down your thoughts and then exchange them.
88) Research your family history. Start by talking to your elders and family members and then doing some online research at genealogy sites like Ancestry.com.
89) Start a couple’s bucket list. Sit down and brainstorm all the things you want to do together.
90) Volunteer together. Find a cause you’re passionate about and then make a difference.
91) Check out a psychic or tarot card reader. Have your future told by your favorite psychic and then see what the cards have to say about you and your date.
Ideas for couples who want to go on an adventure.
92) Take a mini trip somewhere local. This date night activity is perfect for couples who want to get away for a bit. You can find a bed and breakfast or even just drive to the next town over.
93) Explore a neighborhood. Walk around and explore a new part of town.
94) Plan a weekend getaway. Plan an itinerary and then pack your bags for a fun-filled trip.
95) Play tourist in your hometown. Learn more about the city or town you live in. Walk around and check out the local sights together.
96) Drive to flea markets or yard sales. Seriously, who doesn’t enjoy a good bargain? You can explore all the stalls and see what treasures you can find.
97) Go shopping at IKEA. If you both love to shop, then this date idea is for you! Browse IKEA and then find some new furniture for your home and assemble it together!
98) Go rock climbing. Challenge each other to see who can make it to the top first.
99) Try skydiving or bungee jumping. Push each other out of your comfort zones and then have a blast.
100) Go zip-lining. Fly through the air on a zipline and then see the world from a new perspective.
101) Take a sailing lesson. love the water. Learn the basics of sailing and then take a boat out on the open sea.
I hope you enjoyed the following date ideas!
Please share these date night ideas with your friends and family.