Even if it feels like we don’t spend much time in our homes because of work or other obligations, the time we spend in our homes with our families is the most important part of our day. Make that time even more special by making home improvements that help bring simplicity to your life and makes your living space even better.
Some of these DIY home improvement ideas can be completed in only a few hours or some can take as much as an entire weekend. Either way, you’ll be making your home even more awesome and if your family loves DIY home improvement ideas and projects, make it a group effort and get the entire family involved!
1) Reclaim the space under your staircase and build drawers for extra storage.
2) Build an outdoor library for people in your neighborhood.
3) Replace your shower head and turn a regular shower into something special.
4) If you have a fake drawer, turn it into something functional like a paper roll dispenser.
5) Or turn a fake drawer into extra electrical outlets.
6) Store bread, potatoes, onions, or garlic in custom DIY spaces in your countertop.
7) Save space in your laundry room by building collapsible drying racks.
8) Create an alternative to baby gates by installing dutch doors so you can watch kids or pets.
9) Install a toilet seat where everyone has their own tab.
10) Install heat-sensitive tiles in the shower.
Need more shower or home improvement ideas? Here are just some of the most beautiful showers in the world.
11) Place a half-table or corner table to maximize your space in the bathroom.
12) Need more floor space? Push your appliances flush against the wall by installing recessed outlets.
13) Keep your gadgets safe and out of view by installing electrical outlets inside a drawer.
14) Store boots or shoes by building drawers inside the stairs.
15) Install unsightly electrical outlets under your cupboards and keep your backsplash clean-looking.
16) Build slide-out drawers for pantry items in the kitchen.
17) Make unloading groceries easier by building a trap door to the garage.
18) Or create a fun tunnel between rooms for kids.
19) Add a cool lighted shelf along a wall.
20) Build Murphy wall beds instead of bunk beds for the kids.
21) Build a custom outdoor shower for hot summer days or to rinse off after swimming.
22) Install a small closet in the kitchen to store cleaning supplies.
23) Give your house number a modern look with updated fonts or lettering.
24) Put a sign on the bathroom door to let guests find it easily.
25) Add a window seat to the landing of your staircase for a great look.
26) Home improvement ideas to bring some flair to your porch by installing a rustic chandelier.
27) Build a sliding cabinet for appliances.
28) Build a cutting board drawer over your thrash bin for easy cleanups.
29) Install a simple dog bath in your entry way to easily clean mud off boots.
30) Construct a sun tunnel for rooms in your home that don’t have windows.
31) Build a permanent step stool that slides away when not in use.
32) Install vintage swing-out stools for your breakfast nook or kitchen island.
These vintages swing-out stools look great in this industrial kitchen design.
33) Maximize floor space and build wall drawers between the studs inside the wall.
34) To make small rooms look bigger, install mirrored tiles on one wall.
35) Decorate the foundation of your home with stone instead of painting.
36) Give your appliances a stainless steel makeover by simply using inexpensive stainless steel contact paper.
37) Build an indoor herb garden in your kitchen or other room that has plenty of natural light.
If you get tired of working inside the house, then spend some time working outside with these 34 awesome DIY backyard projects. I hope some of these DIY home improvement ideas were helpful and please share them with your friends and family.