Home renovation can be daunting, whether completely overhauling a room or just making a few updates. But no matter how big or small the project, one thing is for sure: there will be some unexpected challenges and hilarious moments along the way. That’s where home improvement memes come in. They capture the frustrations, triumphs, and absurdities of the renovation process in a way that’s both relatable and entertaining.
Today, we’ve rounded up 39 of the best home renovation memes from around the internet. So whether you’re knee-deep in sawdust or just looking for a good laugh, you’re sure to find something here that resonates with you. Get ready to chuckle your way through some of the funniest home improvement memes out there!
1) Let the home improvement memes begin!
“‘Can you leave the wood paneling? It’s stunning.’ Said no one ever.”
2) When you decide to do your plumbing.
“Do your plumbing they said. It’s easy they said.”
3) Home improvement memes don’t get cuter than this!
“My dog ran away and wandered into the local Home Depot…This is what I arrived at when I picked her up.”
4) When you’re trying to look cool and rich on Instagram.
“I’m 18 and just bought my first home after years of working hard. You can do it too. Snoop Dogg: Boy if you don’t get yo [censored] outta Home Depot.”
5) Home improvement memes when money is no object…
“Every couple of real estate shows: I’m a part-time kindergarten teacher. My wife hangs potatoes in garages. We’re looking for a downtown penthouse loft. Budget is $5 million.”
6) When you call in the experts.
“Everyone calm down. I got this.”
7) Home improvement memes for people who put in the hard work!
“Fidget spinner for people who work for a living.”
8) When you buy a fixer-upper.
“We’re going to buy a fixer-upper. It’ll save us money in the long run, right? It’ll save us money, right?”
9) When you wonder if you stepped in the wrong store.
“Hardware: Lubricants. Rope and Chain. Screws. Tie Downs.”
10) Funny home improvement memes only HGTV fans will understand.
“HGTV: Let’s see what rich young people are up to.”
11) When you work at Home Depot and have a green belt.
“[Home Depot staff meeting] BOSS: Someone has been breaking all the wood. Any idea who it is? ME: [tightening my green karate belt] Probably someone pretty strong.”
12) When you love House Hunters.
“‘House Hunters’ should be called ‘Couples Realizing They Should See Other People.'”
13) Home improvement memes only Lowes fans will understand.
“How many Lowes would a Rob Lowe rob if a Rob Lowe could rob Lowes.”
14) When the kitchen needs updating.
“House hunters be like…Kitchen needs updating.”
15) Home improvement memes that are more fun than watching paint dry.
“I don’t like this wall color. Doesn’t understand how painting works.”
16) When you can’t stop talking about home renovations.
“Me tearing apart my house to try and find the mystery water drip I keep hearing.”
17) When you have “supply chain issues.”
“My kidnappers throwing me back after listening to me talk about house projects for 2 hours.”
18) When it’s just fun to say the word caulking.
“Lumber companies talking about their supply chain difficulties right now.”
19) When you hear water dripping…
“When you make any mistake: So anyway, I started caulking.”
20) Home improvement memes for Home Depot fans.
“When Miley Cyrus is naked and licks a hammer it’s ‘art’ and ‘music’…but when I do it, I’m ‘wasted’ and ‘have to leave Home Depot.'”
21) When you’re job is going to the dogs…literally!
“My specialty is roofing.”
22) When you’re obsessed with Property Brothers.
“Not sure if Property Brothers are gay or just Canadian.”
23) When you feel you forgot something…like the fence?
“Notice: Keep gate closed and locked.”
24) When you can’t stop watching House Hunters.
“Me: *panicking about everything I must do this week* Me to me: Just keep watching House Hunters.”
25) Don’t move, improve your home with inspiration from home improvement memes.
“Realtors when trying to sell a dumpster fire of a house: It has good bones.”
26) When something sounds dirty but really isn’t.
“See a hole. Fill a hole. If you see a hole, fill a hole.”
27) When you’re winning by meeting the Sheens.
“Sheens. Flat. Matte.”
28) When you think HGTV is on to something.
“HGTV should make College House Hunters: Our pong table would look great here. I can see myself passed out on these hardwood floors.”
29) When you like to tip the strippers.
30) Home improvement memes are getting expensive!
“That Lincoln log cabin is going to be double what I quoted…”
31) When it’s literally off to a rocky start.
“Them: How’s your bathroom remodel going? Me: It’s off to a bit of a rocky start.”
32) When you never want to grow up.
“This is how responsible adults spend their time at Home Depot.”
33) When you get unexpected surprises during home renovations.
“Turns out the entire house is made of squirrels and that’s going to add $1200 to the budget.”
34) When you like peel-and-stick tile.
“Can we keep the peel-and-stick tile? Hardwood floors just don’t do it for me.’ Said no one ever.”
35) Home improvement memes when you’ve got popcorn ceilings…
“When you accidentally touch the popcorn ceiling: Half of my respiratory organs were destroyed.”
36) When all you want is more power.
“White power accessories.”
37) When you’re the king of DIY projects.
“Who needs a plumber, honey? Anyone can install a faucet.”
38) When you avoid building permits.
“When you ‘forget’ to get a building permit: Wait. That’s illegal.”
39) When you love crazy life hacks.
“Zip tie + oil rag = man-dage.”
I hope you enjoyed these home improvement memes!
Please share these home improvement memes with your friends and family.