I love eating corn on the cob in the summer but if you prefer cutting your corn off the cob first, it can get messy. You’ve probably seen video tutorials or photos of people showing how to remove corn from the cob using a bundt pan. The way it works is that it helps secure the corn on the cob while you slice off the kernels with a knife.
A typical way to cut corn off the cob using a bundt pan.
But, one ingenious YouTuber takes it one step further and uses multiple bundt pans to remove corn from the cob in one easy swoop! Because cobs of corn can have a variety of sizes, he uses two bundt pans with tubes of a different diameter to accommodate all sizes.
Watch the best way to remove corn from the cob by using bundt pans…
YouTube / ViralHog
The next video provides an alternative way of using a bundt pan and provides more great tips!
Learning how to remove corn from the cob by using bundt cake pans is a useful skill, especially if cutting dozens of corn cobs for freezing corn. As you can imagine, there are several kitchen gadgets for cutting corn on the cob. One, in particular, is the Cob Corn Stripper which works very similarly to using bundt cake pans like in the video. Either way, it sure makes it easier (and safer) than cutting corn with a sharp knife.
- Compact and easy-to-use corn stripper
- Easily remove corn from the cob in one quick twisting & pushing motion
- Durable stainless steel blades effortlessly strip kernels in seconds
- Quickly add corn to any meal, from homemade salsa to southwestern salads
- Top rack dishwasher safe
- Uniform, even corn without mess or splatter
- Adjustable metal cutter with plastic coated wire handle
- Hand washing recommended
- Package dimensions: 11.0" L x 3.75" W x 1.0" H
If you’re new to cutting and freezing corn, here are five easy steps:
1) First you’ll need to shuck the corn to remove the husk and silk. This is also a good time to trim any dry ends.
While we’re on the subject, shucking corn can be just as tedious but using the microwave can be a godsend. Just place a couple of ears of corn in the microwave, cook on high for 8 minutes, and you’ll have hot corn on the cob and shucked without those nasty silks. Watch the video!
2) Next, you’ll want to blanch the corn. Not only does it help preserve taste, color, and retain more vitamins, it also makes it easier to cut the corn kernels off the cob. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and carefully add a few cobs of corn into the boiling water and let them boil for 4 minutes.
3) After the corn has boiled for 4 minutes, you want to stop the cooking process immediately. An ice bath is perfect for this. Prepare an ice bath using a large bowl with equal parts of water and ice and place the corn in the ice bath. Repeat steps 1 to 3 until all of your corn has been blanched.
4) Cut corn from the cob using your preferred method.
5) Place the corn kernels in freezer bags, seal them, and store them for up to 8 months.
Please share how to easily remove corn from the cob by using bundt cake pans with your friends and family.
Last update on 2022-05-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API