Whales are the largest mammals in the ocean and when you watch drone videos of a humpback whale it gives you chills. When charter boats bring groups out whale watching, there are no guarantees of whale watchers seeing any whales. Watching one appear up close is a dream for anyone interested in whales and aquatic life.
That is exactly what happened to a whale-watching group near Tadoussac, Quebec, while they were watching finback whales on the Saguenay and St. Lawrence rivers. The incredible video was captured by whale watcher and French tourist, Eric Mouellic, and it shows the finback whale coming only inches away from their boat.
Watch what happens at 00:18! These whale watchers get a thrill of a lifetime!
Whale watching doesn’t get better than this. Here is the video from an angle closer to the boat!
This whale watchers group definitely got their money’s worth and this magical event is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. That whale was nearly 60 feet in length and looks majestic AF!
Here are some of our favorite YouTube comments from these videos taken by whale watchers:
- “They all laughing and $#!t like I almost had a heart attack just watching.” – Pressa
- Horizontal recording: check. High quality: check. 60fps: check. Today was a good day.” – Henry Chavez
- “I wonder if whales do that on purpose. Like, ‘Dudes, watch me make all these people scream.'” – Toasteee1986
- “Don’t mind me I’m just here before this goes viral.” – iTz MiGz
- “At that point, I would already be praying and crying cause if that whale flips the boat and starts doing some jujitsu, we all [censored] dead.” – Taeki
- “GUYS GUYS IT’S HORIZONTAL.” – Nerdy Fox
- “Lucky bastards.” – Aysen
Please share this incredible video of a finback whale swimming only inches away from a zodiac inflatable boat with your friends and family.