School can be frustrating. Between homework, tests, and projects, it feels like there’s never enough time to do everything. But sometimes, school can also be pretty funny. Funny school quotes will remind you that even though school can be tough, it can also be pretty funny at times.
We scoured the interwebs for some of the best quotes just for you! Without further ado, here are 55 of our favorite funny school quotes to make you laugh and remind you that, even though school is tough, it’s also pretty funny. Enjoy!
Let the funny school quotes begin!
1) “A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad.” – Theodore Roosevelt
“2) As long as there will be Maths in school I always pray to God.” – Unknown
3) “School bells are ringing loud and clear; vacation’s over, school is here.” – Winifred C. Marshal
4) “School is a building which has four walls with tomorrow inside.” – Lon Watters
Funny school quotes by Oscar Wilde.
5) “You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” – Oscar Wilde
6) “Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing worth knowing can be taught.” – Oscar Wilde
7) “First day of school, make sure that you know your locker combination.” – Jordan Francis
8) “Dear teacher, I talk to everyone. Moving my seat will not help.” – Unknown
9) “The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.” – Marvin Phillips
10) “Dreams come a size too big so that we can grow into them.” – Josie Bisset
11) “Education can get you the only thing that really matters in today’s world—an assigned parking space.” – Gene Perret
12) “It’s easier to floss with barbed wire than admit you like someone in middle school.” – Laurie Halse Anderson
Funny school quotes by Albert Einstein.
13) “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein
14) “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” – Albert Einstein
15) “Every time I see the word ‘explain’ on a test, a part of me dies.” – Unknown
16) “The first day of school is always a fashion show. The rest of the school year? A pajama party.” – Unknown
17) “Geography taught me everything about the earth but it never taught me how to go outside the earth.” – Unknown
18) “I had a terrible education. I attended a school for emotionally disturbed teachers.” – Woody Allen
19) “I don’t hate going to school but it never let my sweet dreams complete.” – Unknown
You are the one who’ll decide where to go!
20) “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own and you know what you know and you are the one who’ll decide where to go.” – Dr. Seuss
21) “Headmasters have powers at their disposal with which Prime Ministers have never yet been invested.” – Winston Churchill
22) “High School looks good on TV but in reality, it does not.” – Unknown
23) “The human brain is special. It starts working as soon as you get up and it doesn’t stop until you get to school.” – Milton Berle
24) “I don’t go to school to learn I go to school just to entertain others.” – Unknown
25) “If you think your teachers are tough, wait ’til you get a boss.” – Bill Gates
26) “In school, they told me practice makes perfect. And then they told me Nobody’s perfect, so then I stopped practicing.” – Steven Wright
27) “School is like government office it takes 12 years to get you done from the education.” – Unknown
28) “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” – Richard Branson
29) “I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.” – Lily Tomlin
There is treasure in books!
30) “There’s more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.” – Walt Disney
31) “Mathematics told me to find X but I know how hard it is to get back your X.” – Unknown
32) “My mum wakes me up to go to school but she doesn’t know that my favorite place to sleep is on the last bench.” – Unknown
33) “I never attended my lectures at school 100% but I never skip any function.” – Unknown
34) “I’m not bad at Maths I am mad over mathematicians.” – Unknown
35) “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible!'” – Audrey Hepburn
36) “People learn something every day, and a lot of times it’s that what they learned the day before was wrong.” – Bill Vaughan
37) “My principal trained me so hard that I can fight anyone in the streets.” – Unknown
38) “Respect your parents. They passed school without Google.” – Unknown
39) “School is where we go to learn something from teachers but our teachers don’t know our future.” – Unknown
Funny school quotes for the curious.
41) “Sign on a high school bulletin board in Dallas: Free every Monday through Friday: knowledge. Bring your own containers.” – E.C. McKenzie
42) “Stand firm in your refusal to remain conscious during algebra. In real life, I assure you, there is no such thing as algebra.” – Fran Lebowitz
43) “Studying. Notice how they conveniently put ‘dying’ at the end of this word.” – Unknown
44) “Take your risks now. As you grow older, you become more fearful and less flexible. And I mean that literally. I hurt my knee this week on the treadmill, and it wasn’t even on.” – Amy Poehler
45) “In school, you’re taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson.” – Tom Bodett
46) “My teacher used to say that I can’t do anything in my life but she doesn’t know that I came for her.” – Unknown
47) “When the teacher tells you the study guide was optional…After you stayed up until 3 am doing it.”
48) “The most important thing we learn at school is the fact that the most important things can’t be learned at school.” – Haruki Murakami
49) “There are only two places in the world where time takes precedence over the job to be done: school and prison.” – William Glasser
50) “In 300 BC Euclid invented geometry and the grade F.” – Unknown
Oh no! We’ve almost reached the end of funny school quotes…
51) “Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.” – Edmund Burke
52) “We all learn by experience but some of us have to go to summer school.” – Peter De Vries
53) “When a teacher calls a boy by his entire name, it means trouble.” – Mark Twain
54) “You can drag my body to school but my spirit refuses to go.” – Bill Watterson
55) “When your teacher gives a 30-minute speech about not wasting time.” – Unknown
I hope you enjoyed these funny school quotes!
“It’s a little childish and stupid but then, so is high school.”
Please share these funny school quotes with your friends and family.