According to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), between 30-37% of households in America have a cat. That translates to about 74-96 million cats and when a pet becomes part of someone’s family, it not only creates positive changes in that cat’s life but the family that adopts or purchases it as well.
Cats have an average lifespan of 15 years which means they’ll be with you through good times and bad times. The difference between a happy cat and a cat that needs tender loving care can be seen in many of these photographs. The before and after photos of these cats that were given a lovely home and a family to spend their lives with speak for themselves…
1) Two years later, she barely fits in the sink anymore!
2) What a difference a year makes!
3) 17 years later, still best friends.
4) 8 years later, his human needs two hands to carry him now!
5) Four years later, he still loves his favorite bed.
6) 15 years later, her cat still isn’t fond of being the present. 🙂
7) This cat still loves his Superman chair.
8) Roadie in training.
9) “Found abandoned in the gutter at 2 weeks old. Now fat and happy!!”
10) How they grow up so fast…
11) Three’s company…
12) Boys will be boys!
13) Just add water? Look how much he grew!
14) A rescued kitten that grew up cute and strong thanks to a loving family.
15) They still enjoy bedtime even if they outgrew their beds!
16) Two sisters growing up with a loving family.
17) She was hit by a car as a kitten and wasn’t expected to live more than a week. Two years later, she is one pretty cat.
18) One word: Awww.
19) “This chair is all mine!”
20) Having your cat at various stages of your life is priceless.
21) Rescue kitten is extremely content even 3 years later.
22) Still loves her laptop after all these years.
23) Pretty little rescue has the cutest eyes and still wants to be a photographer when she grows up!
24) Two cats reflecting on how much they’ve grown up.
25) Best friends forever.
26) All grown up, she enjoy her sofa chair even more.
27) Still lovin’ the hammock!
28) She didn’t grow fond of her chair. 🙂
29) A family’s love has transformed this majestic cat.
Pets give us unconditional love and the love and care we give our cats in return is appreciated (even if they sometimes don’t show it!) My favorite is photos of cats hugging. Please share these adorable then and now photos of cats transformed by their family’s love with your friends and family.