You’re never too old to dance! Dick Van Dyke made this point clear a couple of months ago when the 89-year-old entertainer danced with his wife. The same can be said about this WWII veteran that had to wait because of a plane delay at Reagan National Airport. Then he heard a song, “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy”, and got the urge to dance!
YouTuber Kelli Oakley captured the event when the WWII vet heard a song, “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy”. He decides to get up and show off his dance moves!
Watch this WWII Veteran hustle to “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy” thanks to Honor Flight Bluegrass…
I love how he politely cut in and started dancing with one of the young flight attendants, simply priceless!
Here are some of my favorite YouTube comments from the video, “Honor Flight Bluegrass Hustle” by Kelli Oakley:
- “Wow! That’s some fancy footwork there, you go veterans, don’t ever stop dancing, I for one appreciate your service to my country. God Bless you.” – saannie
- “He’s a great dancer! Jitterbug, Charleston, a little Jazz dancin’…way to go, Swing Cat!!!” – swingerbat
- “Man, I can’t help but smile the whole time. An old body doesn’t mean an old spirit. They were dancing like they were in their 30s again.” – Andrew Kmak
- “Some things you never forget how to do! Good for them; they are having a blast!” – Debbie H
- “Wonderful! He showed us, huh? Tear in my eye.” – BOB Wilson
- “Those two ol’ boys must have slayed the ladies back in the ’40s! Respect.” – reno145
- “FANTASTIC…I can only imagine how he cut the rug 20 yrs ago!!” – Carolyn Jackson
- “Thank you for sharing. My Dad got to go on an Honor Flight. What a Tribute to our TRUE AMERICAN HEROS…this brought tears to my eyes as well as my sisters. GOD BLESS THE USA AND THANK YOU TO THE AMERICAN VETERANS…MY HEROS…..” – Laura Lightner
Please share this video of a WWII veteran that boogies his heart out to “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy” at the airport with your friends and family.