The ocean takes up over 70% of the earth’s surface and it is so beautiful yet mysterious at the same time. Most of the events that take place are never recorded or filmed but when an opportunity arises like dolphins and whales migrating, it is incredible to watch.
In the following video, a rare occurrence where hundreds of thousands of Mobula rays were caught swimming in formation off the coast of Baja. The incredible footage was captured by National Geographic and there are so many Mobula rays that it is nearly impossible to view them distinctly and it is such a joy to watch.
Watch this incredible footage of a gigantic school of Mobula rays…
Here are some of our favorite YouTube comments regarding Mobula rays:
- “It’s obvious these rays all gathered to throw a massive party. It was such a good time that they started jumping out of the water to express their joy.” – no, i don’t want no slugs
- “They’ll be able to fly one day, evolution is a slow process.” – MESH MIESTER
- “Could you imagine if, by some bizarre occurrence, one of those Mobula rays managed to continuously generate enough lift and just keep on going? Now that would be a sight.” – Tyrone Fenton
- “There’s so much that we don’t know about these ancient beings. They’re so majestic and amazing I would have loved to be there to witness this! This is an awesome short video from the National Geographic.” – Gwen Fazz
- “YeeEEee I’m a bird!!!… Oh, bugger I’m still a fish…” !!!SLAP!!!” – Feral Circus
Nature continues to astound me and there are so many things we can learn from the ocean. Please share this incredible footage of a school of Mobula rays with your friends and family.