If you’ve ever worked in a restaurant, you know that some people are just plain rude. A CUPS Coffee & Tea employee in Roanoke, VA was tired of being treated like an object instead of a person and decided to do something about it.
He placed a sign outside the coffee shop and based his coffee prices on how polite the customer is when ordering. The price is $5 if you’re impolite and $1.50 if you take the time to be courteous with the coffee shop worker.
CUPS Coffee & Tea Barista Austin Simms grew tired of rude customers and placed this sign outside his coffee shop.
Watch how a coffee shop employee went viral because of a sign he placed outside his shop to teach rude customers a lesson…
Here is some of my favorite YouTube comments from this video, “Roanoke coffee shop goes viral with a funny sign” by Top 10 Daily News:
- “A creative way to solve a real problem! Congratulations.” – CEO Mentoring – CEO Forum
- “I agree with Austin and I also believe that what he did here is a good example of why manners are important… :)” – Abigail Watson
- “There’s absolutely nothing wrong with saying, “One small coffee, please.” Anyone who gets upset over that needs to seriously rethink their life choices.” – drschplatt
- “The dislikes are from the rude customers lol.” – Samantha Pearl
- “I would end up paying $5 because I don’t think I say please. But I still have manners. I always, always say thank you.” – aewtx
- “A little decency goes a long way in the world.” – Breaker_Jones
Even restaurant servers can have a bad day but generally, restaurant servers are always friendly; therefore, shouldn’t customers be friendly as well? Please share this excellent idea by a CUPS Coffee & Tea employee to provide a monetary incentive for customers to be friendly with your friends and family.