There are a lot of tips and tricks that our parents already taught us; however, there are always so many new things we learn along the way. For example, did you know to place an onion on your nightstand while you sleep if you have a stuffy nose? I don’t know WHY it works but it just does.
Home remedies and tricks have been passed down for generations but there are so many other things you probably didn’t know. Here are 17 things you probably didn’t know about until now!
1) Did you know that chewing gum while chopping onions will help prevent you from crying?
2) Tuck your thumb inside your fist and grip it tightly if you feel the urge to gag.
3) Get relief from a migraine by putting your hands in a bowl of ice water and repeatedly flexing them.
4) What did you say? Research suggests that the left ear is better at picking up sounds and music while the right ear is better at picking up speech and words.
5) Did you know that if you feel a tickle in your throat, just scratch your ears?
6) Did you know you can stop the itch from a mosquito bite by rubbing deodorant onto the bite?
7) If you’re feeling sleepy but don’t want to miss the ending of the movie, hold your breath for as long as you can, then release it to help stay awake.
8) If you have a toothache, did you know you can relieve the pain by up to 50% by rubbing an ice cube between your thumb and forefinger?
9) If you have a presentation in the morning or simply want to remember something the next day, read it before going to sleep.
10) If you have a stuffy nose, did you know you can get relief by slicing an onion in half and placing both halves on your nightstand while you sleep?
11) Did you know you can prevent a sneeze by pressing your tongue firmly against the back of your teeth?
12) If you can’t stop laughing, just pinch yourself to stop.
13) Prevent acne by turning the water to cold at the end of your shower. The cold water will seal your pores and prevent dirt and bacteria from entering them.
14) Did you know to blink your eyes real fast for a minute if you have trouble falling asleep?
15) If you’re in bed and feel dizzy, put one of your feet on the floor to help your brain readjust.
16) Having a brain freeze? Press your tongue against the roof of your mouth until the pain subsides.
17) Forgot your toothbrush or want whiter teeth? Rub the inside of a banana peel against your teeth for 2 minutes. The minerals will absorb into your teeth and whiten them.
Did you already know some of these amazing life hacks? The body is an amazing thing and these life hacks and tips to prevent acne, sneezing, or even dizzy spells may help you out when you need it. Please share these 17 amazing things you probably didn’t know about with your friends and family.