Life is frustrating at times so whenever we can save time doing routine tasks or finding a tip or life hack to solve a problem we didn’t even know we had, it helps tremendously.
I love home cleaning tips that help me use normal household ingredients and the following life hacks go one step further. I hope just one of these 52 tips and tricks help you in your daily life and inspire you to even refine or reinvent some of these life hacks.
Here are 52 life hacks to help make life a little easier:
1) Use a (clean) dustpan to fill a container that doesn’t fit in the sink.
2) Rub a walnut on damaged wooden furniture to cover up dings.
3) Use a hanging shoe rack to store cleaning supplies.
4) Use toothpaste to clear up hazy car headlights.
5) To get the built up residue of your shower head, tie a baggy of vinegar around a shower head.
6) Use a squeeze ketchup bottle top with your Shopvac to clean your keyboard, phone, microwave, or other nook on an electronic device.
7) Use a staple remover to save your fingernails when trying to add things to your key ring.
8) Place a rubber band around an open paint can to wipe your brush on, and keep paint off the side of the can.
9) Cut open toilet paper rolls and use as a cuff to save your wrapping paper and keep it from unrolling.
10) Kids fall out of bed? 1 fitted sheet + 1 pool noodle.
11) Use a can opener to open blister packs and avoid cutting yourself.
12) A cheap and almost free pan/scoop.
13) Clean out an old lotion bottle for your beach bag and put your phone, money, and keys in it for safer keeping at the beach.
14) Use nail polish to identify different keys.
15) Use a soda-pop tab to offset hangers and save space in your closet.
16) Put a stocking over the end of a vacuum to find tiny items like earrings.
17) Put your straw through the tab to keep it from rising out of your drink.
18) Never lose your remotes again!
19) Hiding your emergency money. Helpful on vacation.
20) Use a bread tab to hold your spot on a roll of tape.
21) Use Velcro strips on your common items to keep them where you want them!
22) Take the annoying sliver of soap from an almost used up bar and stick it onto a new bar.
23) Keep a square of cardboard in a ziplock bag with you to protect small, important documents like checks from rain and keep them uncreased.
24) Need a Flathead screwdriver? Basic power plugs usually fit medium and large-sized screws.
25) Drill holes in the bottom of your garbage can to make putting in & taking out bags much easier — no suction issues.
26) Use your cellphone light underneath a water bottle to make a lantern that distributes light better than the direct beam.
27) The one trip trick: 50 pounds of groceries and living on the 5th floor.
28) Fly always down? Put a key ring on the zipper and slip it over the button when you put on pants. Never again.
29) Want to take a quick nap on the transit but are afraid of your bag getting stolen?
30) How to keep your cat from unrolling toilet paper.
31) Do something unusual when locking the door before a long trip to remember that you’ve definitely done it.
32) Don’t burn yourself with those hard to reach candles. Light a stick of spaghetti and light the wick with that.
33) Use a piece of paper to organize parts during disassembly.
34) Use half of a pool noodle to protect your car door from slamming against the garage wall.
35) Use a magnet to find nails and studs in your wall.
36) Take pictures of friends holding items you’ve lent them with your iPhone, so you will remember down the road.
37) Create a unique key holder using a tennis ball and a suction cup.
38) Use a clothespin to hold a nail whilst hammering…
39) If you ever need to stop and ask directions, skip the gas station and find a pizza delivery place.
40) When moving, pack heavy items, like books, in a rolling suitcase. Boxes are hard to carry and tend to tear when they’re too heavy.
41) Tired of extension cords unplugging? Tie them together!
42) A comb makes the perfect nail holder.
43) Sick of having a box full of tangled cords?
44) If you’re at a hotel and run out of chargers, the TV usually has a USB plugin.
45) Use an accented letter as your passcode. No one will ever be able to guess it.
46) Use binder clips to prevent cables from falling to the floor.
47) Use a spring from an old pen to keep your charger from bending, and breaking.
48) Quick and easy iPhone speaker.
49) Use a pencil case or sunglasses case to store your cables in your backpack or suitcase.
50) Use binder clips to fix broken keyboard feet.
51) How I always know which headphone is the left one, even without looking.
52) Use bread clips to label and organize power cords.
There are so many life hacks I have to start using but I’ll definitely be using a can opener for opening blister packs from now on instead of a steak knife! Please share these super useful cleaning and life hacks with your friends and family.