I grew up on Nintendo games and one of my all-time favorites has to be Super Mario Bros. and practically every other Super Mario game. My friends already know I don’t play video games, I play Nintendo games because the only video games I like to play are the ones that the House of Mario has built.
But I’m not the only one and there are millions of Mario fans across the globe and if you love Halloween too, choosing who or what to dress up as for Halloween as is a no-brainer. With the frenzy created with Pokemon Go, there has also been a surge of interest in Pokémon costumes. Here are 23 awesome Super Mario costumes that not only feature our favorite plumber, but Luigi, Princess Peach, Bowser, and the rest of gang are also here.
1) Super Mario and Princess Peach looking great!
2) A group costume featuring our favorite characters from Mario Kart.
3) The Super Mario gang sporting cute tutus!
4) Seth Rogen and Lauren Miller looking great as Super Mario and Luigi.
5) This Princess Peach costume is so pretty!
6) DIY Goomba costume.
Goombas have appeared in every Super Mario game since the original Super Mario Bros. on NES. Create your own Goomba Halloween costume with this excellent tutorial.
7) Isn’t this the cutest Bob-omb ever?
8) DIY Super Mario and Luigi in Mario Kart Battle Mode!
This homemade costume looks fantastic and here is how to make this epic DIY Super Mario and Luigi Mario Kart costume.
9) The whole family gets in on the Super Mario fun including Grandma cleverly dressed as an NES controller. Awesome!
Super Mario costumes for the entire family! As an added bonus, here is how to make the cute NES controller costume!
10) Luigi and Bowser striking a pose.
11) Mariah Carey dressed as a sexy devil joined her ex-husband Nick Cannon dressed as Luigi for some dress up fun. Their son Moroccan joined him as Super Mario and daughter Monroe was dressed as a princess.
12) Awesome Super Mario Costume cosplay.
13) Who can forget Super Mario Sunshine! She even has a DIY F.L.U.D.D. that looks fantastic!
14) Adorable Luigi and Super Mario getting ready to save the princess.
15) Super Mario and Luigi looking sweeter than ever!
Your kids will love this homemade DIY Super Mario and Luigi costumes. Follow this tutorial to make it!
16) It’s the Super Mario sisters!
Creative female Super Mario and Luigi costumes!
17) The entire Super Mario family including Wario!
18) Super Mario riding Yoshi in Super Mario World.
19) Super Mario catching a coin block cosplay!
20) Great toad cosplay.
21) Halloween family fun as Luigi, Wario, Bowser and Princess Peach.
22) Another great group costume of Mario Kart battle mode!
23) A quick DIY Yoshi costume that looks great!
This is a great DIY yoshi costume and here is how she made it! “I bought a green shirt and painted the white patch on and cut red felt into triangles and glued them onto my back. Then I bought a white hat, painted it green and made eyes out of white felt that I glued on and I drew on the black dots on the eyes.”
It’s a me, Mario! Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe dressed as Super Mario at the closing ceremonies was awesome! Wonder if he’ll dress up again for Halloween? 🙂
What could be better than dressing up as your favorite Nintendo characters for Halloween. Please share these epic Halloween Super Mario costumes with your friends and family.