Being a mom is a lot of work so learning some tips and mom hacks along the way makes life a little easier. Here are 21 of the best mom hacks to make parenting a little easier.
1) Loop zip ties around your stroller’s wheels to provide better traction in the ice and snow.
If you like this, check out these other stroller hacks.
2) Keep your toddler busy by letting them paint the fence “toddler style” with water.
3) Use pool noodles to protect kids from injuring themselves on trampoline springs.
4) Avoid perpetuating gender stereotypes by providing kids with a mix of dolls and toy cars to play with.
5) Give your kids an empty box and crayons and let their creativity take over.
6) Keep marshmallows in a ziplock bag in the freezer for the perfect ouchie pack that is soft and not too cold.
7) Place a barley or bean filled glove on your baby’s back to let them feel loved when you need to step out of the room for a while.
Rice or any other dried grain will work too. After it’s filled, you can even put the glove in the microwave on high for 30 seconds to make it slightly warm.
8) Use animal toothpaste caps to make brushing their teeth fun.
9) Let your kids sit on a stability ball to help improve their posture and balance.
10) Illustrate a list of things you can never find around the house and let your kids go on a fun scavenger hunt to find them.
11) Keep your baby’s eyes dry and free of shampoo with a baby shower cap visor.
12) Draw a chart on a medicine bottle with a sharpie to keep track of dosages given.
13) Place colorful glow sticks in the bathtub to make bath time even more fun!
14) Make a DIY bottle holder so babies hold the bottle by themselves.
Follow these steps for making a DIY baby bottle cage.
15) Place a fitted sheet with bags at each corner to keep the sand out at the beach.
16) When your kids start school, have them wear an oversized t-shirt with their graduating year on it. Take a picture every school year with the same t-shirt for a priceless souvenir when they finally graduate.
17) Detangle doll’s hair with hot water, shampoo, and conditioner.
Follow these steps for detangling doll’s hair.
18) Let kids use fabric paint to create custom gripper socks to prevent falls on slippery floors.
Follow these steps for creating homemade gripper socks.
19) Cut a sticker in half and place each half in your kid’s shoes so they can learn to put them on the correct foot by themselves.
20) Wash your kid’s LEGO blocks once a month to keep germs at bay.
21) Place a straw inside a small medicine bottle hidden next to a soft drink can to trick kids into taking their cough syrup or other medicines.
“It’s not medicine, it’s Pepsi.”
H/t: Bored Panda
Parenting tips go a long way so make sure to enjoy the ride because kids grow up so fast! Please share these genius mom hacks with your friends and family.