Everything we buy will eventually make it to the trash. Whether it’s because it gets worn out, breaks, or we just don’t need it anymore. However, the following 18 upcycling ideas will help you extend the life of some of your items by giving them a new purpose instead of what they probably were originally designed to do.
Watch these upcycling ideas to transform common household items into handmade decorations…
Using a CD holder as a bagel container or a ketchup bottle to make pancakes are just some of the great upcycling tips and ideas you’ll find to extend some of your items and prevent them from going to the trash prematurely.
1) Use a cork bulletin board to pin your jewelry.
2) Transform old cassette cases into imaginative gift card boxes.
3) Have old CD spindle cases? Turn them into bagel containers!
4) Need more upcycling ideas for CD spindles? Use them to store wires and cables!
5) Don’t stain your shirts anymore by using muffin liners to prevent drips from popsicles.
6) Use empty ketchup bottles for pouring pancake batter.
7) Use LEGO bricks to securely hold and organize your keys.
8) Use Mason jars to store your salad for work. Put your dressing first in the bottom of the jar and your ingredients will stay crisp until ready to eat.
9) Recycle used tissue boxes to hold plastic bags instead.
10) Instead of throwing out a broken refrigerator, use it to store your games and as a TV stand.
11) Reuse old utensils as wall hooks.
12) Store food or other items from your pantry in an old door shoe rack.
13) Instead of throwing out expired credit cards, turn them into guitar picks.
14) Bend old wrenches into wall hooks.
15) Transform old bottles or cups into unique lighting fixtures.
Here’s a great video about how to turn old bottles into a fashionable light kit.
16) Have holes in your fence? Use marbles to plug them up.
17) Recycle paper tubes and use them to organize your wires and cables.
18) Transform a wine box into a decorative shoe box.
I hope a few of these upcycling tips and ideas come in handy and help upcycle old items into new and useful things! Please share these upcycling ideas with your friends and family!