Grandparents are always there for their children and grandchildren but sometimes they might feel unappreciated. Their life experiences are invaluable and they have so much to teach us that we don’t need advice from anyone except our parents and grandparents. Senior citizens love children and we’ve also seen how it raised their spirits when a preschool was built inside of a nursing home.
When a class of 8-year-old children was asked what their grandparents meant to them, their answers were adorable and some were even hilarious!
They were asked, “What is a Grandparent?” and here is what they wrote:
1) A grandfather is a man and a grandmother is a lady!
2) Grandparents don’t have to do anything except be there when we come to see them. They are so old they shouldn’t play hard or run. It is good if they drive us to the shops and give us money.
3) When they take us for walks, they slow down past things like pretty leaves and caterpillars.
4) They show us and talk to us about the colors of the flowers and also why we shouldn’t step on ‘cracks.’
5) They don’t say, ‘Hurry up.’
6) Usually, grandmothers are fat but not too fat to tie your shoes.
7) They wear glasses and funny underwear.
8) They can take their teeth and gums out.
9) Grandparents don’t have to be smart.
10) They have to answer questions like ‘Why isn’t God married?’ and ‘How come dogs chase cats?’
11) When they read to us, they don’t skip. They don’t mind if we ask for the same story over again.
12) Everybody should try to have a grandmother, especially if you don’t have television because they are the only grownups who like to spend time with us.
13) They know we should have snack time before bedtime, and they say prayers with us and kiss us even when we’ve acted bad.
14) My grandmother lives at the airport and when we want her we just go get her. Then when we’re done having her visit, we take her back to the airport.
15) Grandpa is the smartest man on earth! He teaches me good things but I don’t get to see him enough to get as smart as him!
16) It’s funny when they bend over; you hear gas leaks, and they blame their dog.
The next time you see your grandparents, give them a hug and let them know how much they mean to you!
Please share these adorably cute answers to ‘What are Grandparents?’ with your friends and family.