We work hard all day so our body needs a restful night’s sleep to recover and rejuvenate. Not getting the proper amount of sleep suppresses our immune system which can lead to sickness, hypertension, depression, and many more health ailments.
There may be times when you WANT to sleep but can’t find a way to fall asleep and sleep disorders affect over 70 million Americans. Many resort to sleeping pills but with long-term daily use, your body eventually won’t sleep without them. Others have found a natural way to help them sleep better: drinking banana tea before going to bed.
Banana tea is very easy to prepare and all you need is a banana, water, and a pinch of cinnamon. Bananas are high in potassium and magnesium and studies have shown these two important minerals help your body relax. Because you’re boiling the entire banana when making banana tea, you’ll want to buy organic bananas to prevent ingesting pesticides or herbicides which cannot be washed away entirely.
Ingredients for Banana Tea
- 1 organic banana
- 4 cups of water
- pinch of cinnamon
- Boil water in a medium pot on high heat.
- Cut off and discard both ends of the banana and add the banana to the boiling water (don’t peel it).
- Reduce heat to medium and let boil for 10 minutes.
- Place a colander or strainer of a mug or cup and pour banana water through it.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon and enjoy banana tea!
This banana tea tastes great and is so comforting to drink before going to sleep. Please share this soothing banana tea recipe and help your friends and family get a good night’s sleep.