I grew up in the 70s and 80s and loved growing up in a time where so many changes were taking place. The rise of marketing departments and ad agencies also influenced how we purchased products and there were endless supplies of new products hitting the shelves every month.
While there were a lot of failed products, there were just as many products that become part of our lives. Because of television advertising, every kid wanted that “new thing” they saw on television commercials. The following 34 things rocked your world if you grew up in the 60s and 70s and you’ll remember them forever.
1) If you were a teenage girl, you most likely had a pair of these.
2) Things from the 70s: Atari let you enjoy video games at home for the first time ever and it rocked.
3) Watching ‘Little House on the Prairie” with your parents is just one of the awesome things from the 70s.
4) When you wanted to call somebody, this is how you dialed their number.
5) It was a treat when your parents let you stay up late to watch Saturday Night Live’s Weekend Update with Roseanne Rosannadanna and Jane Curtain.
6) A milkman delivered fresh milk to your door.
7) And cheese came in a can.
8) Old soda cans had a pull tab and if it broke, you were out luck.
It worked most of the time and here is how it looked when you pulled it off.
9) You loved your Zenith TV even if you had to get up to change the channel.
10) You just added water in hopes of hatching your own family of sea-monkeys.
11) On a hot summer day, you were glad your mom bought Push-Ups!
12) Balsa gliders only cost 10 cents and it was worth every penny.
13) Awesome things from the 70s: You always looked forward to watching Donnie and Marie’s hit show.
14) Without Google or Wikipedia, encyclopedias are how we’d start a search.
15) Your record player looked like this thing from the 70s.
16) People tried every new exercise accessory like the massager things from the 70s.
17) Madge from the Palmolive commercials told you that it would soften hands while you do dishes.
18) Every teenage girl had Lip Smackers.
19) This is what we drank for breakfast.
20) We drank this too…and still, do.
21) Pretzels and potato chips were delivered to your door in large tin cans.
22) We played with this thing from the 70s for hours on end.
23) You “shook it” like a Polaroid picture with one of these things from the 70s.
24) You couldn’t wait to wash your hair with this.
25) You thought your parent’s station wagon with the wood trim was the coolest car ever.
26) You couldn’t live if you didn’t have this cologne.
27) We drank Kool-Aid and loved it.
28) You watched every episode of ‘The Brady Bunch’ and always sang along to the theme song.
29) There was no bottled water but who needs bottled water when you had a garden hose?
30) We were mesmerized by ant farms.
31) These things were our version of virtual reality in the 70s.
32) There was a macramé owl hung on the wall in almost every home.
33) You knew Christmas was right around the corner when you got your hands on the Sears Christmas Wish Book.
34) Your bike had to have a flowered banana seat and a basket.
If you were a boy, your bike most likely looked like this thing from the 60s and 70s.
Isn’t it great to take a trip down memory lane? Please share these awesome things from the 60s and 70s with your friends and family.