When you turn on the evening news, it can be a challenge to stay positive when so much of it is generally bad news. Sometimes, simply looking at someone doing a good deed or hearing a funny story is enough to lift our spirits and restore our faith in humanity.
If you missed these 16 heartwarming photos, then the following 15 photos will also make you smile and make your day a little brighter.
1) A man getting off his motorcycle to help an elderly pedestrian cross the street.
2) A man giving his sandals to a woman in need in Rio De Janeiro.
3) After the devastation of Superstorm Sandy, a caring neighbor offered his electricity to strangers so they could charge their phones and call their families.
4) A young man jumping into the frigid waters to rescue an owner’s Shih Tzu that accidentally fell into the water.
5) John Unger cradles his 19-year-old dog Schoep to sleep every night in Lake Superior to ease his dog’s arthritic pain.
6) A cleaning company in Portland, OR, helped over 2,000 unemployed people look their best for an interview by cleaning their clothes for free.
7) An elderly couple going for a walk every single night.
8) A tourist captured this incredible photo of an NYPD officer offering warm boots and thermal socks to a homeless man on a cold evening.
9) A young boy offering fresh water to a homeless couple.
10) A crowd at a rock concert raising a young man in a wheelchair so he could see the band perform.
11) A firefighter caring for a cat he just rescued.
12) An officer clearing the road to help ducks cross the road safely.
13) After Hurricane Sandy hit, a young man from Little Ferry, New Jersey helps neighbors escape the floodwaters with his jet ski.
14) A local Subway restaurant offering a free meal for the homeless.
15) A young boy keeping his dog safe during a flood.
All we need is a simple reminder to remember that the human spirit is stronger than anything. Please share these heartwarming photos that will restore your faith in humanity with your friends and family.