Chef John of Food Wishes is one of my favorite chefs and I never miss a recipe. He not only creates spectacular dishes but also explains the process in detail to truly make you understand and learn basic cooking techniques every home chef should know.
If you love pork tenderloin, this recipe for bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin, also called a “New Year’s Baby” Porchetta, will make your mouth water. He begins this mini porchetta recipe by creating a paste and spreading it on the inside and outside of his pork tenderloin. Then, it is wrapped in bacon and cooked to perfection.
Ingredients for “New Year’s Baby” Porchetta
- 1 boneless pork tenderloin roast, about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds
- 8 strips bacon or enough to wrap
- 1/2 teaspoon whole fennel seeds, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sage leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- zest from one lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Watch how to create a “New Year’s Baby” Porchetta with Jeff John
If you love porchetta or not sure what to serve for a perfect New Year’s Day dinner, you just have to try this mini porchetta recipe by Jeff John. Please share this “New Year’s Baby” Porchetta with your friends and family.