Missing someone you love is one of the worst feelings in the world. The pain is sharp and constant, and it seems to get worse with each passing day. If you’re missing your long-distance partner, these “I miss you” quotes will help you feel a little bit better.
They’ll remind you that even though you’re apart, you still love and think about each other all the time. And that’s something to be very happy about. While easier said than done, distance doesn’t have to mean a thing when it comes to love. Even though the love of your life may be miles and miles away, the following 51 quotes will remind you that your special someone is close to your heart. Enjoy!
Let the long-distance ‘I miss you’ quotes begin!
1) “Distance is just a test of how far love can travel.” – Unknown
2) “Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.” – Thomas Fuller
3) “Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.” – Roger de Bussy-Rabutin
4) “Being apart teaches us how to be together.” – Unknown
5) “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
6) “Distance between two people is inconsequential when their souls are united.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
7) “But nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it.” – Calla Quinn
8) “As contraries are known by contraries, so is the delights of presence best known by the torments of absence.” – Alcibiades
9) “You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Epicurus
Distance means so little with it comes to matters of the heart.
10) “Distance means so little, when someone means so much.” – Tom McNeal
11) “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Kahlil Gibran
12) “I exist in two places, here and where you are.” – Margaret Atwood
13) “Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It’s for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It’s for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don’t see it nearly enough.” – Meghan Daum
14) “I fell in love with her when we were together, then fell deeper in love with her in the years we were apart.” – Nicholas Sparks
15) “I have late-night conversations with the moon; he tells me about the sun, and I tell him about you.” – S.L. Gray
16) “He touched my soul long before I knew what his hands felt like.” – Nikki Rowe
17) “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
18) “I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart).” – E.E. Cummings
19) “If love cannot stand the test of time, then it has failed the test of love.” – Bernard Byer
Long distance ‘I miss you’ quotes that goes beyond distance.
20) “In true love the smallest distance is too great and the greatest distance can be bridged.” – Hans Nouwens
21) “Love is everything it’s cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for.” – Erica Jong
22) “It seemed that we loved each other better when there were large swaths of two continents between us. The daily work of love was often hard to perform at home.” – Aleksandar Hemon
23) “Love is not just being with someone. Love is feeling someone even if miles separate you.” – Wordions
24) “Distance sometimes lets you know who is worth keeping and who is worth letting go.” – Lana Del Rey
25) “Love will travel as far as you let it. It has no limits.” – Dee King
26) “Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely.” – Charles M. Schulz
27) “In many ways, the art of love is largely the art of persistence.” – Albert Ellis
28) “Don’t measure the distance; measure my love.” – Unknown
29) “I don’t miss you and you alone – I miss you and me together.” – Unknown
100% relatable quotes…
30) “I missed him the more he was absent from my life, and the more I missed him, the more I loved him.” – Donna Lynn Hope
31) “But I must admit, I miss you quite terribly. The world is too quiet without you nearby.” – Lemony Snicket
32) “‘I’ll never leave you,’ he said thousands and thousands of miles away.” – Juansen Dizon
33) “No matter where I am, no matter where I go, your heart is my northern light, I will always find my way home.” – Michael Kilby
34) “Love is not finding someone to live with. It’s finding someone you can’t live without.” – Rafael Ortiz
35) “Ocean separates lands, not souls.” – Munia Khan
36) “Our hours in love have wings; in absence, crutches.” – Miguel de Cervantes
37) “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” – Charles Dickens
38) “She affected me, even when she was absent.” – Shannon A. Thompson
39) “I miss you so much. Since you moved out it feels like I’m missing half of my body, I feel incomplete without you. I know we’ve had our fights, but I wish we could travel back in time and do everything right, all over again. I will love you forever and ever, no matter what distance tries to keep us apart!” – Unknown
Long distance ‘I miss you’ quotes for people you love miles away.
40) “Sometimes the people who are thousands of miles away from you can make you feel better than those right beside you.” – Unknown
41) “Distance teaches us to appreciate the days that we are able to spend together and distance teaches us the definition of patience. It is a reminder that every moment together is special, and every second should be cherished.” – Unknown
42) “That farewell kiss which resembles greeting, that last glance of love which becomes the sharpest pang of sorrow.” – George Eliot
43) “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” – Charles Dickens
44) “Time is the longest distance between two places.” – Tennesse William
45) “Tonight I can write the saddest lines. To think that I do not have her. To feel that I have lost her. To hear the immense night, still more immense without her.” – Pablo Neruda
46) “True love doesn’t ask you to sacrifice yourself. You can love someone from a distance and still live in the moment.” – Unknown
47) “The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance, but live right in it, under its roof.” – Barbara Kingsolver
48) “Distance unites missing beats of two hearts in love.” – Munia Khan
“I Miss You” Quotes for Long Distance Relationships by Michael Bassey Johnson
49) “When your absence is felt, your presence is the essence and it makes a difference.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
50) “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
51) “If you think missing me is hard, you should try missing you.” – Unknown
I hope you enjoyed these long distance ‘I miss you’ quotes!
“I woke up wanting to kiss you.”
Please share these long distance “I miss you” quotes with your friends and family.