Reditor Mausar posted a photo of a list of banned slang words Chick-fil-A employees were given by their restaurant manager, Eric. The location of the restaurant is unknown but I think most customers wouldn’t know what half these words meant but he surely doesn’t want to hear them in his restaurant.
A Chick-fil-A Manager was fed up with his employees not speaking professionally. He then provided them with a list of banned slang words.
If you don’t know what some of these banned slang words mean, here is list of definitions compiled from Urban Dictionary:
- Bae: A Danish word for poop. Also used by people on the internet who think it means baby, sweetie etc. – Volvopigen
- Bruh: Another way of saying bro. – LudwigVan
- On Fleek: Very good. – pseudonymm
- Guh: When someone is irritating you. or you are annoyed by something. – Brown Bear375
- Chill: To calm down. – Alexa W.
- Ebola: Something people chant while running through the hallways at my school. Also, you sing it just like the Ri-cola commercial. – GrandWizardMan123
- Naw: It just mean no. – YoungCali
- Bye Felicia: Told to someone who leaves but you don’t care who they are.
- Salty: A word originating in Philadelphia generally meaning that you just got played, or are looking stupid, either because of something you did, or something that was done to you. – littlepinkdeer
- Ratchet: Derived from the word ‘wretch’ (poor, despicable, inferior, pityful). – <4_|_|-|>-
- Turn up: To let loose and have fun. – Henndawg
How do you feel about restaurant employees using slang terms around customers? Please share how a Chick-fil-A manager responded to employees using slang in public with your friends and family.