Do you feel moodier in winter? Do you find it harder to get out of bed or be social? You’re not alone. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is a real thing, and it’s nothing to be ashamed of. Luckily, there are a few things like funny memes and tweets that can help boost your mood when you experience seasonal depression.
But first, let’s get one thing out of the way: Depression is no laughing matter. We are in no way poking fun at seasonal depression but instead offering some much-needed humor for people that may be experiencing anxiety and/or depression. So take a break and enjoy these 33 memes and tweets!
Let the seasonal depression memes begin!
1) “I apologize for the Velveeta shortage, guys, but it’s been an unusually rough start to winter for me.”
2) “Are you depressed?”
3) “I’m at the coup. I’m at the pandemic. I’m at the climate disaster. I’m at the seasonal depression. I’m at the combination coup pandemic climate disaster seasonal depression.”
4) “Back for a limited time by unpopular demand: Seasonal depression.”
5) “Be a lot cooler if you didn’t have to participate in life.”
6) “It’s beginning to look a lot like seasonal depression.”
7) “But you don’t look depressed! Oh [censored] sorry I forgot my literal dark cloud and neon ‘depression’ sign at home today.”
8) “Depressed, stressed, and horribly dressed.”
9) “Seasonal depression. Let’s find out who this REALLY is…Chronic depression. It was the same old depression the whole time…!
10) “Discrimination like this is why I’m unemployed: Now hiring happy people.”
11) “I’m eating for two now (me and my seasonal depression).”
12) “Me: I’m gonna go do th-. Seasonal affective disorder: Y’ain’t.”
13) “I have seasonal depression for all four seasons.”
14) “I don’t know why everyone makes such a big deal about seasonal affective disorder. You just need to find someone willing to stroke your face and tell you they love you and it will be alright once every five minutes for the entire month of January. No sweat.”
It’s okay to be moody and take care of yourself.
15) “I’m in a mood. A moody mood. The kind of moody mood that has me feeling…Moody.”
16) “Seasonal depression is expensive.”
17) “Let me slip into something a little more…Comfortable [seductively peels off seasonal depression to reveal regular depression].”
18) “Me at 3:59 pm: Seasonal affective disorder is fake. Me at 5:24 pm: The sun is dead. Why has God abandoned us.”
19) “Me pretending to be okay during this seasonal depression.”
20) “Regular depression. Quarantine depression. Seasonal depression. He’s gaining on us!
21) “60 degrees Fahrenheit and seasonal depression.”
22) “That one molecule of serotonin trying to keep me going throughout the day.”
23) “The best part about winter is waking up instantly angry every single morning.”
24) “This creature has adapted to the crushing pressure and oppressive darkness. What’s going on? It’s annoying or not interesting. I’m in the photo and I don’t like it. I think it shouldn’t be on Facebook. It’s spam.”
25) “Top 10 anime battles, #1: My antidepressants VS seasonal affective disorder.”
26) “Me trying to cure my depression by music and memes.”
27) “I used to have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), but now I suffer from HAPPY: Have All kinds of Problems Pretty much Year-round.”
28) “*weather turns 70 degrees* Everyone: Wow I love life and people, do you want a hug to share this beautiful day, here take my debit card.”
29) “Well, that was fun now back to The Big Sad.”
30) “When you’re depressed but still trying to enjoy the summer.”
31) “Me: I wish I could stay in bed all day and not do anything. God: [creating depression, seasonal affective disorder, and the flu] Say no more.”
32) “Yeah, seasonal depression is cool but have u ever been depressed for 12 years straight.”
33) “When you just dropped $80 at Sephora but season affective disorder still got you feeling away.”
I hope you enjoyed these seasonal depression memes!
Please share these seasonal depression memes with your friends and family.