There is no one who has not been hurt in a love relationship. The fact is, relationships are hard. This is something that everyone knows. But it’s still so painful when we experience heartache. But, the good news is that we’re not alone in our sorrows and there are plenty of quotes that relate to the hurting pain of love and relationships.
Even the greatest romantic writers have gone through heartache. The following 45 quotes about love and relationships will remind you that you’re not alone in feeling hurt and that there is hope for a better tomorrow. Hopefully, they will help you to heal your own broken heart. God bless and take care of yourself.
Hurting quotes about love and relationships.
1) “A goodbye is never painful unless you are never going to say hello again.” – Unknown
2) “I am fighting alone and being depressed is an everyday fight.” – Unknown
3) “I’ve been heartbroken. I’ve broken hearts. That’s part of life, and it’s part of figuring out who you are so you can find the right partner.” – Heidi Klum
4) “Bleeding cracks are more hurtful than a bleeding wound.” – Unknown
5) “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.” – Unknown
6) “You’ve hurt my feelings, you’ve broken my heart. I gave you my time, I gave you my trust but you left me for another.” – Godwin Delali Adadzie
7) “Forget what hurt you but never forget what it taught you.” – Unknown
8) “I got my heart’s desire, and there my troubles began.” – Lev Grossman
9) “Hurt me with the truth but never comfort me with a lie.” – Unknown
Hurting quotes about relationships and knowing things will get better.
10) “I know my heart will never be the same, but I’m telling myself I’ll be okay.” – Sara Evans
11) “It hurts but it’s ok…I’m used to it.” – Unknown
12) “If you can love, trust, respect, and support each other from a distance then you’ll be unstoppable once you’re physically together.” – Unknown
13) “It was all a lie, was it? Every single thing you said was plain bullshit.” – Unknown
14) “Just because somebody is strong enough to handle pain doesn’t mean they deserve it.” – Unknown
15) “If they keep hurting you, love them and stay or love yourself and leave.” – Unknown
16) “You kept me like a secret, but I kept you like an oath.” – Taylor Swift
17) “Losing a relationship hurts. But losing yourself in a relationship hurts longer.” – Charles Orlando
18) “Maybe true love isn’t out there for me, but I can sublimate my loneliness with the notion that true love is out there for someone.” – Roxane Gay
19) “My heart might be bruised, but it will recover and become capable of seeing beauty of life once more. It’s happened before, it will happen again, I’m sure. When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive–I’ll find love again.” – Paulo Coelho
Hurting quotes on relationships by Mark Twain.
20) “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” – Mark Twain
21) “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” – Mahatma Gandhi
22) “Not all scars show not all wounds heal.” – Unknown
23) “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” – Dalai Lama
24) “The pain of yesterday is the strength of today.” – Paulo Coelho
25) “Pay attention to the way people act when you’re not doing well. Pay attention to who reaches out and who defends you when you need it most. Pay attention to who’s constantly concerned with your well-being and who genuinely wants what’s best for you and who doesn’t. Pay close attention, that’s all…Knowing the difference between who you deserve and who you don’t…Is everything.” – R. M. Drake
26) “Respond with love and kindness even to hurtful treatment.” – Unknown
27) “It hurts to see the one you really love loves someone else. But it hurts even harder when you find out that you were just their bridge to cross over to their loved ones.” – Unknown
28) “I’m so scared of dying without ever being really seen. Can you understand?” – David Foster Wallace
29) “Some days I can’t stop thinking about you, and other days I wonder why I’m wasting my time.” – Unknown
There’s a big difference between feeling hurt and feeling angry.
30) “Sometimes I’m not angry, I’m hurt and there’s a big difference.” – Unknown
31) “Sorry, but I don’t need any part-time people in my life. You’re either with me or you’re not. You can’t just come and go as you please.” – Unknown
32) “The saddest end to a relationship is one where you have to break up with somebody when you’re still in love with them. It sounds bizarre but it happens, because the truth is, as powerful and as thrilling and as wonderful as it may be, love isn’t always enough, and to be in love doesn’t always mean you’re happy. You can continue to love someone even after they’ve hurt you, but you know deep inside yourself that it won’t ever be the same again.” – Unknown
33) “There were things I wanted to tell him. But I knew they would hurt him. So I buried them, and let them hurt me.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
34) “They hurt you and they act as if you hurt them.” – Unknown
35) “Those who really love you don’t mean to hurt you and if they do, you can’t see it in their eyes but it hurts them too.” – Holly Black
36) “It hurts to let go. Sometimes it seems the harder you try to hold on to something or someone the more it wants to get away. You feel like some kind of criminal for having felt, for having wanted. For having wanted to be wanted. It confuses you because you think that your feelings were wrong and it makes you feel so small because it’s so hard to keep it inside when you let it out and it doesn’t come back. You’re left so alone that you can’t explain.” – Henry Rollins
Hurtful memories are unfortunately the byproduct of bad relationships.
37) “If she’s amazing, she won’t be easy. If she’s easy, she won’t be amazing. If she’s worth it, you won’t give up. If you give up, you’re not worthy…Truth is everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley
38) “The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.” – Max Lerner
39) “Don’t waste your time on revenge. Those who hurt you will eventually face their own karma.” – Matareva Pearl
40) “Maybe we tried to leave as much memories of ourselves with each other because we knew one day we wouldn’t be together anymore.” – Makoto Shinkai
41) “When you loved someone and had to let them go, there will always be that small part of yourself that whispers, ‘What was it that you wanted and why didn’t you fight for it?'” – Shannon L. Alder
42) “You will never know the power of yourself until someone hurts you badly.” – Unknown
43) “I wish I were a little girl again, because skinned knees are easier to fix than broken heart.” – Julia Roberts
44) “Words are singularly the most powerful force available to humanity. We can choose to use this force constructively with words of encouragement, or destructively use words of despair. Words have energy and power with the ability to help, to heal, to hinder, to hurt, to harm, to humiliate and to humble.” – Yehuda Berg
45) “You don’t know how much it hurts when you ignore me.” – Unknown
I hope you enjoyed these hurting quotes on relationships!
“Loving you is starting to hurt.”
Please share these hurting quotes on relationships with your friends and family.