Growing up, my mom always served dessert after dinner but dinner was going to be special when you smelled a cake baking in the oven. Today, you can buy freshly-made cakes at nearly any grocer; however, none are as extravagant as one of the cakes sampled by Steven and Andrew during their season finale of BuzzFeed’s ‘Worth It.’
First they sample a Milk ‘n Berries cake from Porto’s bakery which is a sponge cake with très leches, fresh berries, and whipped cream. while the cake looks heavenly, they are tantalized soon after by a Chocolate Espresso cake from Proof Bakery which is a devil’s food cake with rich espresso buttercream frosting covered with milk chocolate crémeux. The final decadence is a $1,120 custom celebration cake by the Bottega Louie bakery and it looks too pretty too eat!
Watch Steven and Andrew of Worth It sample cakes ranging in price from $27 to $1,120…
I personally have never even seen a $1,120 and can’t imagine how great it would taste.
Here are some of our favorite YouTube comments from the video, “$27 Cake Vs. $1,120 Cake” by BuzzFeed Video:
- “Sorry, but the most expensive cake looked the least appetizing.” – J Mar
- “‘Wait why not, we can feed you all day long’ A true Latina sentence.” – Payton Bowman
- “The cream on the milk and berries cake looks so delicious.” – Ban
- “TBH the coffee cake looks way better than the expensive one in my opinion.” – I_Really_Care_Bear
- “The first one looked amazing in my opinion. A milky and creamy cake with berries is definitely a win in my book.” – Not So Toasty Boi
- “‘You haven’t even had the last cake yet.’ ‘It’s just gonna have truffles on it.’ Seriously. Every time.” – Shikamarugirl7
Please share this taste test review of 3 scrumptious cakes by Andrew and Steven from ‘Worth It’ with your friends and family.