When you’re feeling down, it can be really helpful to read some words of encouragement or hear them from friends and family. You are strong, and you can do anything you set your mind to. Sometimes all it takes is a reminder that you’re not alone, and that things will get better.
Here are 61 words of encouragement to help you get through tough times. Don’t give up no matter how hard things may seem. Whatever life throws at you, always remember that you are capable of overcoming anything!
Let the words of encouragement begin!
1) “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.” – Diane Mariechild
2) I am open and willing to flow with life’s changes.
3) “And you ask, ‘What if I fall?’ Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?” – Erin Hanson
4) “You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand.” – Woodrow Wilson
5) “At any given moment you have the power to say: This is not how the story is going to end.” – Christine Mason Miller
6) “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
7) “I have been a reader of biographies for many years, and I have yet to find a successful person whose life was free from problems and difficulties.” – Warren W. Wiersbe, The Bumps Are What You Climb On
8) “Being motivated is more than simply doing the things we have to do. It’s also about identifying and cutting out the things we should stop.” – Andrew Alexander, Deconstructing Motivation
Words of Encouragement by Theodore Roosevelt
9) “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
10) “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
11) “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
12) My breath is an entryway to a place of inner calm.
13) I build a space of calm and clarity all around me.
14) “Choose well your words. They will go marching down the years in the lives you touch.” – Wilfred Peterson
Words of encouragement for a friend.
15) “Courage, dear heart.” – C.S. Lewis
16) “Sometimes when you’re in a dark place you think you’ve been buried, but actually, you’ve been planted.” – Christine Caine
17) “People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed. Never throw out anyone.” – Audrey Hepburn
18) “Everyone has a story. Put another way, everyone’s life is a story.” – Dan B. Allender, To Be Told
19) Sometimes, you face difficulties not because you’re doing something wrong, but because you’re doing something right.
20) “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
21) “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry Thoreau
22) Good luck today! I know you are going to do great.
23) “Happiness is your responsibility. If you depend or wait for other people to make you happy you will always be disappointed.” – Byron Pulsifer
24) “No one has ever become poor by giving.” – Anne Frank
25) “You have the power within you to do whatever you choose. You have the power within you to be and achieve anything.” – Tony Newton, Napoleon Hill, The Law of Attraction book series
26) I know things are difficult right now, but I also know you’ve got what it takes to get through it.
27) “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
28) “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
29) Instead of giving yourself a reason why you can’t, give yourself a reason why you can.
Wise words or strength for life.
30) Life is tough but you’re tougher.
31) “It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always.” – Oprah Winfrey
32) Don’t let how you feel make you forget what you deserve.
33) “One’s life has value so long as one attributes value to the life of others, by means of love, friendship, indignation, and compassion.” – Simone De Beauvoir
34) You’re making a big change, and I’m so proud of you!
35) “It doesn’t matter how slow you go as long as you don’t stop.” – Confucius
36) “Much of the difference you make tomorrow will start with what you do today.” – Ernie J Zelinski
37) My creativity is precious and unique.
38) “It never gets better, you just get better at it.” – Peter Dunne, The 50 Things
39) No one can distract me from this moment but me.
40) One activity at a time; there is no need to rush.
41) “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
42) “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
43) “Practice like you’ve never won. Perform like you’ve never lost.” – Bernard F. Asuncion
44) I will seek the sacred in the ordinary.
45) Sending some good vibes and happy thoughts your way.
Inspirational words for hard times.
46) “Life shrinks or expands in proportion with one’s courage.” – Anaïs Nin
47) “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Susan Gale
48) Don’t stress. You got this!
49) “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
50) “It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.” – J.K. Rowling
51) I am supported in my work and goals.
52) “The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” – Nelson Mandela
53) This is what you’re going through, not who you are.
54) “Thoughts and feelings tend to become less bothersome and go away on their own once we start giving them less attention.” – Giulia Suro, Learning to Thrive
55) Today I plant the seeds for the life I long to live.
56) “We want to add beliefs that build us up, encourage us and support us. We want beliefs that are ‘the wind beneath our wings’, causing us to soar and to be all we can be.” – Barbara Lucas, Put Hand to Plow
Words of Encouragement by Mother Teresa
57) “We can do no great things, only small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa
58) “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” – Mother Teresa
59) Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come.
60) Today, I will see the world with enthusiasm and curiosity.
61) You are doing awesome!
I hope you enjoyed these words of encouragement!
“You are resilient.”
Please share these words of encouragement with your friends and family.