A Woman Spent $500 to Save Her Choking Goldfish. You Can’t Put a Price on Love…

Generally, dog owners and cat owners will do anything to keep their pets healthy but can the same be said about tropical fish owners? In this case, the answer is yes!

When 21-year-old Emma Marsh, in Brisbane, Australia, noticed her 1-year-old goldfish named Conquer had trouble breathing, she knew something was wrong. She packed him up and brought him to the Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services where they discovered he swallowed a large pebble. Because he would die of starvation if they didn’t take it out, Marsh decided to go ahead with the operation to remove it.

Emma Marsh of Brisbane, Australia, knew her goldfish Conquer was feeling ill so she brought him to the vet. They discovered Conquer had a large pebble stuck in his throat.

Facebook / Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services

Facebook / Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services

 

The vets dripped an anesthetic in the water and when the goldfish was asleep, they prepped to have it removed.

Facebook / Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services

Facebook / Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services

 

They were able to secure the pebble with a medical instrument and gently pull it out.

Facebook / Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services

Facebook / Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services

 

Because the pebble was elongated, they had to be very careful to prevent any tearing.

Facebook / Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services

Facebook / Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services

 

Using steady hands, they were able to remove it without any problems!

Facebook / Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services

Facebook / Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services

 

I bet conquer won’t be biting more than he can chew next time. That is one large pebble!

Facebook / Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services

Facebook / Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services

 

The procedure ended up costing $500 but Emma loves her fish and was happy she could help save his life.

Facebook / Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services

Facebook / Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services

 

Little Conquer is feeling great and ready for eating food again because he must have been starving!

Facebook / Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services

Facebook / Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services

H/t: BuzzFeed

Over my life, I’ve seen many people throw away large sums of money on stuff they don’t need. I applaud this pet owner for spending her money on a pet she cares for.

Please share this goldfish owner that spent $500 to save his life with your friends and family.

Way to go Conquer!

A Woman Spent $500 to Save Her Choking Goldfish. You Can't Put a Price on Love...

Facebook Comments

Thanks for sharing! Like us on Facebook for more stories like this!