There are many different types of water filters on the market, each designed to remove different impurities from our local water sources. The most common type of water filter is an activated carbon filter. It’s effective at removing chlorine, sediment, and other common water contaminants. Water filters can also be used to improve the taste and smell of water. In addition, it also excels at removing unhealthy chemicals such as lead and mercury. There are many types of water filters on the market so choosing the right one for your needs is important. They can range from simple pitcher filters to more complex under-sink and whole-house systems. If you want to learn more facts about water or water filter facts, in particular, you’ve come to the right place!
Here are 13 water filter facts that you should know:
1) Studies show that water filters are far less expensive and less environmentally damaging than bottled water.
2) Contaminants that have made their way into city water supplies include fecal waste, rocket fuel, arsenic, lead, and chemical by-products created during water treatment. While water treatment may not always be able to catch these pollutants, many water filters can.
3) A water filter called “Life Straw” allows a person to drink directly from a dirty water source. Extremely portable and easy to use, it filters water through pores that are tiny enough to block parasites and other types of bacteria.
- Removes bacteria & parasites: The microfiltration membrane removes 99.999999% of waterborne bacteria (including E. coli and salmonella), and 99.999% of waterborne parasites (including giardia and cryptosporidium)
- Removes microplastics: Removes the smallest microplastics found in the environment (down to 1 micron), and reduces turbidity down to 0.2 microns
- Rigorous Testing: All claims are verified with laboratories using standard testing protocols set by the US EPA, NSF, ASTM for water purifiers
- Long Lifetime: The microbiological filter will provide 4,000 liters (1,000 gallons) of clean and safe drinking water with proper use and maintenance
- Make an Impact: For every LifeStraw product purchased, a school child in need receives safe drinking water for an entire school year.BPA Free materials
4) The human brain is about 75% water, and the human body needs a constant supply of clean water to maintain health.
5) Over 80% of the world’s wastewater is dumped, largely untreated, back into the environment.
6) Globally, unsafe water kills more people each year than all forms of violence and war.
7) The easiest and most effective way to make sure you are drinking healthy and pure water is to use a water filter.
- The BPA-free Grand water pitcher with filter holds 10 cups of water, enough to fill 3 24-ounce reusable water bottles
- Get great-tasting water without the waste; by switching to Brita, you can save money and replace 1,800 single-use plastic water bottles a year
- This space efficient Brita pitcher fits perfectly on refrigerator shelves, features an easy-fill locking lid and is easy to pour; Height 10.16"; Width 5.77"; Length/Depth 11"; Weight 2.48 pounds
- Brita is the water filter reducing chlorine (taste & odor), Mercury, Copper, Zinc and Cadmium; always get cleaner, filtered water with an electronic indicator that makes filter reminders effortless
- Compatible with Longlast and Standard water filters; for the freshest tasting water, replace your Longlast filter after 120 gallons or approximately every 6 months or Standard filter after 40 gallons or approximately every 2 months; 16.9 oz water;Based on IRI data;vs. tap
Water filters are the best!
8) Water can be purified with concentrated ultraviolet rays that destroy acids in the contaminants’ DNA. The technical term for the process is ultraviolet germicidal irradiation.
9) In case of an emergency, crushed animal bones can be used to clean water that has been contaminated with uranium and arsenic.
10) Because many chemicals and pollutants in tap water have little or no taste, many people do not realize they are drinking contaminants.
11) Boiling is one of the oldest forms of water purification. It eliminates all microorganisms, bacteria, and viruses that lead to gastrointestinal infections. However, boiling cannot remove chemical contaminants.
12) Recent discoveries about the negative health effects of chlorination have led to an increase in shower water filters and whole-house water filtration systems.
13) At-home water filtration creates water that is cleaner than bottled water. In addition, water filtered at home costs a fraction of the price of bottled water.
- Supreme quality - designed, engineered, and assembled in USA to guarantee water safety & your health. Provide unlimited clean, refreshing crisp tasting water superior to bottled water
- Low Drain Ratio - 1:1 drain water ratio that save up to 300% of water while not compromising the quality of your water
- QUICK DISPENSE: big 3/8” fast-flow output design increases the flow rate of water from tank to faucet. The higher water flow will allow you to fill up a glass or pitcher of water much faster. Reduces wait time when drawing and filling large pots of water for making soups or beverages.
- Lifetime Support & System Warranty: Provides peace of mind with our lifetime support by certified WQA water specialist. 2 years extended manufacturer warranty available upon registration.
- America's No.1 rated water filter brand with 20 years of success guaranteeing trouble free, noise-free system for long lasting, dependable, pure drinking water. 2 year extended manufacturer warranty is available upon registration.
These water filter facts show that water filters are a vital tool for ensuring the safety and purity of your water supply. Whether you’re looking to improve the taste of your water or remove harmful contaminants, a water filter is an important addition to your home.
H/t: Fact Retriever
Please share these water filter facts with your friends and family.
Last update on 2022-06-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API