I must admit, when Siri was first announced way back in 2011 and integrated with the iPhone 4S, I was optimistic. It promised to revolutionize how we communicate with our phones. Nearly 10 years later, virtual assistants like Siri, Alexa by Amazon, and even Google all want to make our lives easier but arguably, there is a way to go in terms of artificial intelligence.
To prove this point, one TikTok user named “ironicism” made Siri laugh but not by telling it a joke. He asked Siri to change his name to ‘hahaha’ and when Siri ends up repeating the name, it sounds like she’s laughing. This is one instance when Siri inadvertently nails it! While the Siri nickname challenge is amusing, it also proves how much more work is needed to make virtual assistants truly “smart”.
Watch how TikTok user “ironicism” got Siri to laugh on his iPhone…
Here are some of our favorite TikTok comments for this video by ironicism:
- “Lmfaoo kind sounds like Peter griffins laugh.” – user6394700959154
- “”Omg this is one of the funniest things I’ve seen all day.” – Shannonymous
- “Sounds exactly like Peter Griffin’s laugh. 💀😂” – Mom2Boys1617
- “OMG!!! I JUST spent the past 30 minutes doing this with my husband and daughter. Hahahaha hahaha 🤣” – SdmortonSimcox
- “Laughed so hard I had an asthma attack 😂😂😂😂😂” – Cheri
- “”I laughed so hard I couldn’t breathe and my dog got scared and ran over to my husband. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣” – HoneyBee73
- “When you said ‘Hey Siri’ it opened my Siri on my phone!” – SmallBlock351
- “I laughed so hard I peed!!! And cried at the same time!” – Sarah Wyner Mastrud-
- “I can’t quit crying!!! Funniest thing I’ve EVER seen!!!” – Ron L Mitchell
- “Lmfao!!!!!!!!!! It really works!!! My husband just tried it 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂” – Jenna Spedaleri
Please share how a TikTok user got Siri to laugh with your friends and family.