This taco bread recipe is so easy to make but you and your guests will enjoy it until the last bite. The core ingredients consist of taco beef, Mexican rice, and refried beans.
You may already have a favorite recipe for each of these but I included basic recipes below. The overall steps are simple and quick but the result is epic taco bread!
Taco Bread Ingredients
- 2 cans of Pillsbury croissants
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 pound can of refried beans
- taco beef (see recipe below)
- mexican rice (see recipe below)
Taco Beef Ingredients and Directions
- 1 pound ground beef or shredded beef
- 1 Tbs taco seasoning
- Brown beef until cooked and add taco seasoning.
Mexican Rice Ingredients and Directions
- 2 Tbs oil
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Heat oil and add rice. Cook for a couple of minutes or until rice is golden.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
You’ll need Mexican rice, taco beef, and refried beans.
Layout the contents of a can of crescent dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Spread a generous amount of beef onto the dough leaving about an inch of space around.
Add a layer of Mexican rice on top of the beef.
Add refried beans and sprinkle cheese on top.
Cover with the last layer of dough from the second can of crescent dough.
Bake in a 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Slice into serving pieces and enjoy!
This is an awesome recipe to serve as a main dish or as a snack. If you like this taco bread recipe, you might also enjoy this pepperoni pizza care recipe!
Please share this epic recipe for taco bread with your friends and family.