Do you ever have one of those days where you just don’t feel motivated to do anything? Yeah, me too. But that’s okay. We all have off days sometimes. The key is to not let yourself get down about it. Instead, use that feeling as a motivation to start fresh the next day and get an extra boost with self inspirational quotes!
I’m sure we can all agree that having a positive mindset is essential to happiness and success. Remember, you’re in control of your own destiny. So pick yourself up and keep moving forward. These 53 self inspirational quotes will help get you back on track! Enjoy!
Let the self inspirational quotes begin!
1) “This above all; to thine own self be true.” – William Shakespeare
2) “Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.” – Unknown
3) “You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously.” – Unknown
4) “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
5) “Be proud of who you are, and not ashamed of how someone else sees you.” – Unknown
6) “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
7) “Be yourself, but always your better self.” – Karl G. Maeser
8) “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
9) “Comfort is death. Be proud but never be satisfied. There is always room for improvement.”
You’re important to all the lives of those you meet.
10) “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” – Fred Rogers
11) “Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends.” – Aberjhani
12) “If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.” – Michele Ruiz
13) “Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
14) “Never expect but hope for it. Never cry unless you try. Never give up unless you give it all you have.” – Unknown
15) “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
– Lucille Ball
16) “Don’t go through a situation. Instead, grow through it.” – Unknown
17) “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
18) “I wake up every morning and think to myself, ‘how far can I push this company in the next 24 hours.'” – Leah Busque
19) “If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life.” – Marcus Garvey
Love yourself with self inspirational quotes.
20) “Self-love is not selfish; you cannot truly love another until you know how to love yourself.” – Unknown
21) “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash
22) “Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.” – Maxwell Maltz
23) “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
24) “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
25) “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” – Arianna Huffington
26) “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
27) “It’s okay to fail. It’s okay to get hurt. It’s okay to be sad but it’s not okay if you don’t rise again.”
28) “Only the paranoid survive.” – Andy Grove
29) “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
Love yourself and own your story.
30) “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” – Brené Brown
31) “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
32) “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
33) “Never be satisfied with a mediocre life. Your parents never raised you to see you living an average life.” – Unknown
34) “If you’re searching for that one person that will change your life, take a look in the mirror.” – Unknown
Self Inspirational Quotes by Mark Twain
35) “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
36) “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” – Mark Twain
37) “A solid sense of self will help a person to lead a full and happy life.” – Kimberly Elise
38) “Sometimes being good isn’t enough. You need to be great.” – Unknown
39) “Stop underestimating yourself.” – Unknown
40) “Strength is determined when you have so much to cry for yet you choose to smile.” – Unknown
41) “The greatest self is a peaceful smile, that always sees the world smiling back.” – Bryant H. McGill
42) “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” – Aldous Huxley
43) “This life is mine alone. So I have stopped asking people for directions to places they’ve never been.” – Glennon Doyle
44) “The best time to start was yesterday. The next best time to start is now.” – Unknown
45) “Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you! Shout loud, ‘I am lucky to be what I am!…’” – Dr. Seuss
46) “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” – M. Scott Peck
47) “We just need to be kinder to ourselves. If we treated ourselves the way we treated our best friend, can you imagine how much better off we would be?” – Meghan Markle
48) “You were born to fly high. Don’t limit your flight.”
49) “When you make a mistake, respond to yourself in a loving way rather than a self-shaming way.” – Ellie Holcomb
Oh no! We’ve almost reached the end of self inspirational quotes…
50) “Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?” – Brigham Young
51) “You can’t win in reality if you are losing in your mind.” – Unknown
52) “You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.” – Unknown
53) “Be yourself. An original is so much better than a copy.” – Unknown
I hope you enjoyed these self inspirational quotes!
“Believe in your awesomeness!”
Please share these self inspirational quotes with your friends and family.