Hawaii is known for its sandy beaches, friendly residents, and some of the most beautiful sunsets ever; however, it is also world-renowned for having great seafood. Chef Jason Hill of Chef Tips shows us how to replicate the flavors of one of his favorite stops, Giovanni’s shrimp truck, in Kahuku with his amazing garlic shrimp scampi recipe.
What does garlic shrimp scampi taste like?
This dish is full of the great flavors that Hawaiian food trucks are known for. The shrimp are cooked in a garlic butter sauce, and they are served with a lemon wedge on the side. The dish is simple to make, but it is packed with flavor. It is the perfect way to enjoy the taste of Hawaii without having to travel there.
Also, this insanely delicious garlic shrimp recipe for Hawaiian Shrimp Truck Scampi is ready in minutes. The aroma of garlic butter and shrimp will easily make this one of your favorite recipes for garlic shrimp. Best of all, this shrimp scampi recipe is low-carb and keto-friendly! You’ll never miss the pasta with this incredible dish.
Garlic Shrimp Scampi RecipeCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This recipe is full of the great flavors that Hawaiian food trucks are known for. The shrimp are cooked in a garlic butter sauce, and they are served with a lemon wedge on the side. The recipe is simple to make, but it is packed with flavor. It is the perfect way to enjoy the taste of Hawaii without having to travel there.
10 shell-on U-15 (extra large) shrimp, deveined
1 head (10 cloves) garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 stick of clarified butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 cup white wine
2 tablespoons regular butter
how to make garlic shrimp scampi
- Rinse and thaw your large shrimp under cool running water and lightly pat dry.
- In a wide container, mix together the flour, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Thinly coat each piece of shrimp on both sides.
- Heat saute pan over high heat and add clarified butter and garlic. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add all of the shrimp to the pan and saute the shrimp for 3 minutes on each side.
- After 3 minutes on the second side, add 1/8 cup of white wine and 2 tablespoons butter. Saute, turning shrimp occasionally until it reaches a caramel color.
- Remove shrimp immediately and serve with sticky steamed Calrose rice and a lemon wedge. Finish it off by drizzling extra garlic butter sauce over the rice and shrimp.
I LOVE shrimp and this has easily turned into one of my favorite recipes for garlic shrimp. Make sure to leave the shells on while cooking for tender and moist shrimp every single time. If you are looking for a great way to enjoy the flavors of Hawaii, then you need to try this garlic shrimp scampi recipe. It is sure to become one of your favorite shrimp dishes as well.
More about Giovanni’s shrimp truck in Kahuku…
Giovanni’s shrimp truck is a popular food truck in Hawaii that is known for its delicious seafood. The truck is located in Kahuku, and it is one of the most popular food trucks in the area. Thanks to their incredible success, there are now two additional spots located in Honolulu and Haleiwa. The truck serves fresh seafood, and it has a variety of different dishes that you can choose from. If you are looking for a great way to enjoy the flavors of Hawaii, then you need to check out Giovanni’s shrimp truck.
Please SHARE this garlic shrimp scampi recipe with your friends and family.