Hawaii is known for its sandy beaches, friendly residents, and some of the most beautiful sunsets ever; however, it also has world-renowned for having great seafood. Chef Jason Hill of Chef Tips shows us how to replicate the flavors of one of his favorite stops, Giovanni’s shrimp truck, in Kahuku.
This garlic shrimp recipe for Hawaiian Shrimp Truck Scampi is ready in minutes and tastes insanely delicious. The aroma of garlic butter and shrimp will easily make this one of your favorite recipes for garlic shrimp.
Ingredients for Hawaiian Shrimp Truck Scampi
- 10 shell-on U-15 (extra large) shrimp, deveined
- 1 head (10 cloves) garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 stick clarified butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons regular butter
- Rinse and thaw your large shrimp under cool running water and lightly pat dry.
- In a wide container, mix together the flour, paprika and cayenne pepper. Thinly coat each piece of shrimp on both sides.
- Heat saute pan over high heat and add clarified butter and garlic. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add all of the shrimp to the pan and saute shrimp 3 minutes on each side.
- After 3 minutes on the second side, add the 1/8 cup of white wine and 2 tablespoons butter. Saute, turning shrimp occasionally, until it reaches a caramel color.
- Remove shrimp immediately and serve with sticky steamed Calrose rice and a lemon wedge. Finish it off by drizzling extra garlic butter sauce over the rice and shrimp.
Watch how Chef Jason Hill prepares this amazing garlic shrimp scampi recipe…
I LOVE shrimp and this has easily turned into one of my favorite recipes for garlic shrimp. Make sure to leave the shells on while cooking for tender and moist shrimp every single time.
Please SHARE this garlic shrimp scampi recipe with your friends and family.