With camping season coming up, it often happens that you might forget a few important supplies like a corkscrew or can opener. Canned food is a staple in the outdoors and lets you enjoy food on a hiking trip or whenever you want a quick meal. Just like there a ways to open a wine bottle without a corkscrew, there are also ways to open a can without a can opener.
If you don’t happen to have a can opener handy, YouTuber CrazyRussianHacker has a tip to open up canned food using any rough surface. It does require a bit of elbow grease; however, within a few minutes, you’ll quickly be able to open any tin can!
Watch how to open a can without a can opener!
You definitely need to be careful since tin cans have sharp edges; however, if you ever find yourself without a can opener, this hack does the trick.
Here are some of my favorite YouTube comments from the video, “How to Open a Can without Can Opener – Zombie Survival Tips #20” by CrazyRussianHacker:
- “The cat approves you continue testing the tip” – televisionalternativ
- “And guess what. Cat gonna survive too.” – Creepy Chats
- “My favorite hack so far cuz kitty can survive too.” – Margo Schamel
- “The zombies are just gonna wait for the dude opening the can on the sidewalk.” – Steve Garwin
- “Just be careful how you open it, the scraped metal can go into the food😂” – Adolpho Palacios
- “I literally just used it to open two cans of tuna this technique is amazing and good to know for survival instincts. You just got to scrape it correctly and be patient.” – TruMurdaMuzik
- “Zombie survival tips just what I needed!” – Piter Smieja
Please share this hack to learn how to open a can without a can opener with your friends and family.