Being homeless is a situation nobody should have to face. It’s even worse when the weather presents another obstacle to overcome. Cold winter weather is unbearable at times and the homeless generally seek shelter; however, many end up sleeping on the street.
Veronika Scott, CEO, and Founder of The Empowerment Plan spent time talking to people in homeless shelters. From her discussions, she started designing a coat that transformed itself into a sleeping bag.
After going through several designs and getting feedback, she was angrily confronted by a homeless woman that stated she didn’t need a coat, she needed a job. What Veronika Scott did next is incredibly inspiring and empowers so many women to contribute to such a worthy cause.
Watch how Veronika Scott empowers other women…
What Veronika Scott is doing is teaching women to be independent and her philosophy follows the ancient proverb, “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.”
Here are some of our favorite YouTube comments from the video, “One Stitch Closer: Veronika Scott empowers other women” by Gap:
- “The U.S. government needs to channel this woman. Empowerment over entitlement.” – Kimberly Davis
- “The world needs more people like her, she is so awesome and a person to be looked up to.” – Alex
- “Speechlessly Beautiful. I need to play this every day to get inspired to step up. Thank you Veronika Scott xx” – Lisa Tagaloa
- “‘The coat is just a band-aid for a systemic issue.’ That was powerful. I love what you’ve done, Veronika. :)” – IFLG
- “This is a great idea and the right way to support people. It’s a rocky road, stay on it.” – Frank Schneider
- “The world needs more Veronikas…more people who spend their days inspiring, creating, doing all kinds of GOOD by empowering people with self-worth. This is beautiful.” – Danielle Smith
Please share this inspiring woman, Veronika Scott who is empowering other women with your friends and family.