There are thousands of ways to repurpose Mason jars but one unique feature is how they withstand temperature fluctuations and can go from the freezer to a hot oven. Also, they can be great receptacles for baking and they are just the perfect size for single serving desserts with the added bonus of having their own handy lid which makes them perfect for snacks on the go.
Meet the Casserole Queens, Sandy Pollock, and Crystal Cook and they are the masterminds behind this ultimate single-serving cherry pie. It is so easy to make and all you need is pie crust, pitted cherries, and wide mouth Mason jars.
Watch how to easily create cherry pies in Mason jars!
There is also a great recipe on their YouTube page called ‘She’s My Cherry Pie (in a Jar)’ in the description part of the page and also includes instructions. Here are the ingredients needed for these scrumptious cherry pies in a jar:
She’s My Cherry Pie (in a Jar) Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable shortening
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 – 5 tablespoons ice-cold water
- 6 cups fresh-pitted cherries, about 3 lbs., frozen cherries can be substituted, thaw before using
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 8 small pieces
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Eight 8-ounce Mason Jars with wide mouths
Please share this awesome recipe for personal cherry pies in Mason jars with your friends and family.