Are you looking for some marketing wisdom to help guide your business strategy? Well, look no further! Check out these awesome marketing quotes from some of the top minds in the industry. Some of my personal favorites are from people like Seth Godin, Gary Vaynerchuk, and Jay Baer.
Whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been in the game for a while, these 53 marketing quotes will give you some insight and inspiration. So sit back, relax, and get inspired by these brilliant marketing minds! You might be surprised by what they have to say!
Let the marketing quotes begin!
1) “A brand is no longer what we tell the consumer it is – it is what consumers tell each other it is.” – Scott Cook
2) “Marketing is about values. It’s a complicated and noisy world, and we’re not going to get a chance to get people to remember much about us. No company is. So we have to be really clear about what we want them to know about us.” – Steve Jobs, Co-Founder, Apple
3) “Advertising in the final analysis should be news. If it is not news it is worthless.” – Adolph Ochs
4) “If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time.” – Zig Ziglar
5) “Always deliver more than expected.”- Larry Page, Co-founder, Google
6) “Any strategy that gets a message to rise above the clutter is terrific from the advertiser’s perspective. Even if it’s not much of a secret, it’s still a pretty good marketing idea.” – Josh Bernoff
7) “As marketers, we should be changing the mantra from always be closing to always be helping.” – Jonathan Lister
8) “Banners have 99 problems and a click ain’t one.” – Scott Sorokin
9) “The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing.” – Tom Fishburne
10) “Brand is just a perception, and perception will match reality over time.” – Elon Musk, Co-Founder & CEO, SpaceX
11) “The common question that gets asked in business is, ‘why?’ That’s a good question, but an equally valid question is, ‘why not?’.” – Jeff Bezos, CEO, Amazon
12) “Content is King but engagement is Queen, and the lady rules the house!” – Mari Smith
13) “Control your expenses better than your competition. This is where you always find the competitive advantage.” – Sam Walton, Founder, Walmart
14) “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” – Albert Einstein
15) “Doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing, but nobody else does.” – Steuart Henderson Britt
16) “Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.” – Walt Disney, Co-Founder of The Walt Disney Company
17) “Give them quality. That’s the best kind of advertising.” – Milton Hershey
Marketing quotes by Ann Handley.
18) “Good content isn’t about good storytelling. It’s about telling a true story well.” – Ann Handley
19) “Make your customers the hero of your stories.” – Ann Handley
20) “You need to create ridiculously good content – content that is useful, enjoyable and inspired.” – Ann Handley
21) “Even when you are marketing to your entire audience or customer base, you are still simply speaking to a single human at any given time.” – Ann Handley
22) “Great content is the best sales tool in the world.” – Marcus Sheridan
23) “I am all for conversations, but you need to have a message.” – Renee Blodgett
Quotes by Michael Brenner.
24) “If great content is the hero, then banners are the villain.” – Michael Brenner
25) “The buyer journey is nothing more than a series of questions that must be answered.” – Michael Brenner
26) “In advertising, not to be different is virtually suicidal.” – Bill Bernbach
27) “The internet is a big place and yes, most things have already been done… You have to be even more creative.” – Jon Henshaw, Senior SEO Analyst at CBS Interactive
Marketing quotes by David Ogilvy.
28) “Advertising is only evil when it advertises evil things.” – David Ogilvy
29) “If you want to be interesting, be interested.” – David Ogilvy
30) “The consumer is not a moron; she is your wife.” – David Ogilvy
31) “Content is King.” – Bill Gates, Co-Founder, Microsoft
32) “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
33) “Market like the year you are in.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
34) “Good marketers see consumers as complete human beings with all the dimensions real people have.” – Jonah Sachs
35) “Content Marketing is all the Marketing that’s left.” – Seth Godin
36) “We need to stop interrupting what people are interested in and be what people are interested in.” – Craig Davis
37) “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
38) “Personally I am very fond of strawberries and cream, but I have found that for some strange reason, fish prefer worms. So when I went fishing, I didn’t think about what I wanted. I thought about what they wanted. I didn’t bait the hook with strawberries and cream. Rather, I dangled a worm or grasshopper in front of the fish and said: “Wouldn’t you like to have that?” Why not use the same common sense when fishing for people?” – Dale Carnegie
39) “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.” – Warren Buffet, Chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.
40) “Content is the reason search began in the first place.” – Lee Odden
41) “In this ever-changing society, the most powerful and enduring brands are built from the heart. They are real and sustainable. Their foundations are stronger because they are built with the strength of the human spirit, not an ad campaign. The companies that are lasting are those that are authentic.” – Howard Schultz, CEO, Starbucks
42) “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” – Dr. Seuss
43) “Stopping advertising to save money is like stopping your watch to save time.” – Henry Ford
Quotes by Jay Baer.
44) “The gap between what’s expected and what you deliver is where the magic happens, in business and in life.” – Jay Baer, Founder of Convince and Convert
45) “If your competitors start copying you, then you are doing something right!” – Jay Baer, Founder of Convince and Convert
46) “Content is fire and social media is gasoline.” – Jay Baer, Founder of Convince and Convert
47) “Today it’s important to be present, be relevant, and add value.” – Nick Besbeas
48) “Traditional marketing talks at people. Content marketing talks with them.” – Doug Kessler
49) ”If we face the truth, we know that content marketing is about making money” – James Allen
50) “When people feel insecure about something, they look around for validation. Show them that other people trust you.“ – Francisco Rosales
51) “With traditional marketing, you tell people you are a rock star. With content marketing, you show them you’re a rock star.” – Robert Rose, Chief Strategy Advisor at Content Marketing Institute
52) “Advertising works most effectively when it’s in line with what people are already trying to do.” – Mark Zuckerberg, Co-founder and CEO, Facebook
53) “If you build it, you may still need Google AdWords.” – Jennifer Mesenbrink
I hope you enjoyed these inspirational marketing quotes!
Please share these marketing quotes with your friends and family.