While we tend to the same things over and over the way we’ve learned to do them, it sometimes doesn’t dawn on us that there could be a simpler way. That’s where life hacks come in. For nearly every chore or method of doing something, there’s always a chance that there is a simpler way of doing them.
The following 27 life hacks have one goal in mind: to make your life easier! Whether it’s opening a bottle of wine with a vegetable peeler and a hammer or shredding chicken with a hand mixer, these life hacks offer a different and possibly better way to do the same job. Enjoy!
1) Saves time and effort after the wash with life hacks.
“Sort your cutlery as you load the dishwasher to make unloading so much easier!”
2) An alternative to recovery cones.
“Charlie got his balls snipped today and he hated the cone but is VERY okay with this plate instead. Here he is, purring.”
3) No basement windows? No problem!
“I wanted natural light in a basement that has no windows. Paid $10 for two old windows. Painted them, frosted the glass, installed them into my wall with 12” LED flat panel lights behind them. Now it’s always 2pm at the basement bar.”
4) Shredder has entered the chat.
“Using a beater or mixer is the best way to shred chicken. My roommates think I’m an idiot, but it takes 10 seconds”
5) Two Ziploc bags are better than one with life hacks.
“You can connect two Ziploc bags by flipping one inside out to make a larger one.”
6) Life hacks for an endless supply of chives.
“After cutting put the bottom of your green onion in water and enjoy new green onion and a few days.”
7) Try this life hack to get perfect eggs.
“If you find that your eggs are sticking to your lightly oiled pan, instead of adding more oil, try waiting for your pan to cool down before trying to remove the eggs. You can make the unsticking process go faster by cooling your pan down on a damp kitchen towel, but this may not be good for your pan.”
8) Lint rollers have 101 uses, here’s one more…
“If you are messing with fiberglass insulation and get fiberglass all over yourself. Don’t use water, use a lint roller and it will pull the fiberglass out and off of your skin. Just roll where the fiberglass. Then proceed to shower.”
9) Help save the environment and upcycle paper packaging with life hacks.
“I don’t know who needs to see this but I keep empty paper towel/toilet paper packaging as intact as possible and use them for a garbage bag.”
10) More great life hacks to reuse and recycle.
“I cut open my disposable masks and take off the twisted ties. They are stronger and longer than the average ones + it makes them easier to recycle.”
11) Get the perfect measurement everytime without a sticky mess.
“Use a medication syringe to measure honey for baking recipes.”
12) Where there’s a will there are life hacks!
“When you don’t have a corkscrew.”
13) Never lose your remote again with velcro life hacks.
“Anytime I’ve been to someone else’s house, it never fails…at least once, you’ll hear “where’s the remote!?!” Well, you’ll never hear that at my house! Nor theirs now either.” Hint: stick velcro to the back of the remote.
14) Get a pizza and a phone stand for one low price.
“You only need a pizza saver and a knife.”
15) Let your fingers do the walking to get rid of spam and junk mail with life hacks.
“If you live in the US, you can use optoutprescreen.com, dmachoice.org, and donotcall.gov to opt-out of most junk mail, spam email, and spam calls.”
16) Life hacks to always have cash handy.
“Keep a 20 in your phone case for emergencies or exceptional customer service.”
17) Keep cables tidy with life hacks.
“Those springy hair ties break on you often? Don’t throw it away; they make amazing cable management ties complete with grip!”
18) Great tip for graduates.
“Tape a headband to your graduation cap to keep it in place. Lots of people have been finding this helpful…”
19) Getting rid of unpopped kernels couldn’t be easier.
“After popping microwave popcorn, separate the opening of the bag just enough for the unpopped kernels to fall out. Shake upside down over the trash can.”
20) Muffin pan hacks.
“Use an old cupcake tray to organize your nuts and bolts when dismantling something (in my case, my car’s bumper).” Need more muffin pan hacks?
21) Good advice!
“Put a rubber band around the inside of the pockets of your shorts and never have to worry about your phone or keys on a run.”
22) Take the tangles out.
“Some vacuums have a slot for scissors to cut out hair etc.”
23) Personally, I think wine foil cutters are best but a great method if you can’t find your foil cutter!
“Foil knives are rubbish, use a vegetable peeler to remove foil from a wine bottle quickly.”
24) And you support mail service at the same time!
“Rip up junk mail and send it back with the included business reply envelope. The business gets charged per returned mail piece.”
25) A considerate thing to do.
“Driver parks compact at the front of the parking space to avoid making people think it’s an empty space.”
26) Add some cream and salt to the water and you’ve got tomato soup!
“Put pasta sauce in a strainer to remove water to make pizza sauce.”
27) Ever mail out a poster in a cardboard tube but the tracking # never gets updated? It’s because it rolls around and sometimes doesn’t get scanned. This simple solution helps prevent that problem!
“A customer mailed this tube with a tongue depressor attached to it to prevent it from rolling around.”
Please share these astonishing life hacks with your friends and family.