When I was in school, I used to LOVE spending time at the library. I remember asking my dad regularly to drive me to the library and when I’d get out, I’d have an armful of books and he’d laugh every time. Today, with all of the technology we have in our lives, it’s easy to forget the importance of books and libraries. But one thing technology has done is provide us with funny library memes!
Library memes are a fun way to show your love for libraries while also poking fun at some of the more common stereotypes about librarians and library users. So, whether you’re a librarian, volunteered at your local library while in school, or are just a library lover like me, I’m sure you’ll enjoy these 35 funny library memes!
Let the funny library memes begin!
1) “Books are a uniquely portable magic.” – Stephen King
2) “Alternative facts can be found in our fiction section. Haha, very good! And whoever said librarians don’t have a sense of humor?! Alternate facts. Jokes. Library life.”
3) “Flowchart: Are you reading enough? Are you reading enough books? One can never read enough books.”
4) “Batman returns his books to the library.”
5) “Writer’s Block: When your imaginary friends stop talking to you.”
6) “Books are the easiest things to pick up and the hardest things to put down.”
7) “Can you help me find a book I saw here a few months ago? It was a hardcover…And…Lots of pages inside. Do you have any like that?”
8) “Cold? Check out a book! You’ll still be cold but you’ll have a book.”
9) “Dinosaurs didn’t read. Now they are extinct. Thank goodness the Thesaurus survived!”
10) “*Please do not let in the cat* His name is Max. Max is nice. His owner does not want Max in the library. We do not want Max in the library. Max wants to be in the library. Please do not let Max into the library.”
11) “Eating and reading are two pleasures that combine admirably.” – C.S. Lewis
12) “Get in, loser, we’re going to Free Comic Book Day.”
13) “I didn’t sign up for the summer reading program one. It was terrible.”
14) “If I told you where the self-help section is that would kind of defeat the purpose, now wouldn’t it?”
15) “Library return. Notice: Please yell ‘NOT A SQUIRREL’ when opening a book drop so we know you are a human and not a squirrel trying to steal Keith’s lunch.”
16) “Me signing up for my last semester of classes. Me doing summer classes.”
17) “Monday morning…And another week of summer…Yay!”
18) “My problem with reading books is that I get distracted. By other books.”
19) “Mystery section.”
20) “Nana nana nana nana Batman!”
21) “Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.” – Lemony Snicket
22) “No, I don’t think reading a book for the 5th time is stupid. It’s awesome.”
23) “‘One can never have enough socks’ said Dumbledore. ‘Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn’t get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.'”
24) “People reading. Great books. Me in a reading slump.”
25) “Please be patient. Our display on procrastination will be up soon.”
26) “Prepare yourself for shelf reading.”
27) “Sometimes I wear my panda hat to work. This is what it looks like to everyone walking into the library.”
28) “Therapist: Think of your happy place. Me:”
29) “These are books and I have tons more. I’ve decided to become that crazy book lady who also happens to have cats.”
30) “To everyone that received a book from me for Christmas, they’re due back at the library next Friday. Thank you.”
31) “Was file sharing before it was cool.”
32) “People who think we shouldn’t pay taxes – the tax-funded library offering services. Using the library: Look how far I climbed, and I’m not even tired.”
33) “Winter was made for warm blankets and large books.”
34) “Yes, I need a librarian.”
35) “If you don’t return the book you borrowed…I will find you and I will kill you.”
I hope you enjoyed these funny library memes!
“Let’s go to the library.”
Please share these funny library memes with your friends and family.