June is a month of transitions. It’s a time when the weather starts to warm up, and flowers begin to blossom. The days are long, but the summer sun is starting to peek out. There’s something about June quotes that makes us feel hopeful and optimistic.
Named after Juno, the Roman goddess of youth and protection, the month of June refers to fertility and abundance. Enjoy the month of June and share any of these 37 wonderful June quotes and sayings on social media to inspire and motivate your friends and family.
Let the June quotes begin!
Quotes by L.M. Montgomery.
1) “A cold in the head in June is an immoral thing.” – L.M. Montgomery
2) “I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.” – L.M. Montgomery
3) “All June I bound the rose in sheaves, Now, rose by rose, I strip the leaves.” – Robert Browning
Inspirational quotes by James Russell Lowell.
4) “And what is so rare as a day in June? Then, if ever, come perfect days.” – James Russell Lowell
5) “No price is set on the lavish summer; June may be had by the poorest comer.” – James Russell Lowell
6) “In June as many as a dozen species may burst their buds on a single day. No man can heed all of these anniversaries; no man can ignore all of them.” – Aldo Leopold
7) “It is better to be a young June bug than an old bird of paradise.” – Mark Twain
8) “It isn’t the big pleasures that count the most; it’s making a big deal out of the little ones.” – Jean Webster, American author, 1876-1916
9) “June brings tulips, lilies, roses, Fills the children’s hands with posies.” – Sara Coleridge
June quotes and sayings for a rejuvenating month.
10) “Do not the bright June roses blow To meet thy kiss at morning hours?” – William C. Bryant
11) “It is dry, hazy June weather. We are more of the earth, farther from heaven these days.” – Henry David Thoreau
12) “June falls asleep upon her bier of flowers; In vain are dewdrops sprinkled o’er her, In vain would fond winds fan her back to life, Her hours are numbered on the floral dial.” – Lucy Larcom
13) “Far up in the deep blue sky, Great white clouds are floating by; All the world is dressed in green; Many happy birds are seen, Roses bright and sunshine clear Show that lovely June is here.” – F. G. Sanders
14) “Green was the silence, wet was the light, the month of June trembled like a butterfly.”
– Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets
15) “June is the gateway to summer.” – Jean Hersey
16) “If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance.” – Bernard Williams
17) “In early June the world of leaf and blade and flowers explodes, and every sunset is different.” – John Steinbeck
18) “Summer is not obligatory. We can start an infernally hard jigsaw puzzle in June with the knowledge that, if there are enough rainy days, we may just finish it by Labor Day, but if not, there’s no harm, no penalty. We may have better things to do.” – Nancy Gibbs
Quotes for saying “hello” to the month of June.
19) “It is the month of June, The month of leaves and roses, When pleasant sights salute the eyes and pleasant scents the noses.” – Nathaniel Parker Willis
20) “That’s life (that’s life), that’s what all the people say. You’re ridin’ high in April, shot down in May. But I know I’m gonna change that tune. When I’m back on top, back on top in June” – Frank Sinatra
21) “Moons and Junes and Ferris wheels The dizzy dancing way you feel As every fairy tale comes real I’ve looked at love that way.” – Joni Mitchell
22) “Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they’ve started.” – David Allen, Getting Things Done
23) “In my college years, I would retreat to our summer house for two weeks in June to read a novel a day. How exciting it was, after pouring my coffee and making myself comfortable on the porch, to open the next book on the roster, read the first sentences, and find myself on the platform of a train station.” – Amor Towles
24) “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” – Katharine Hepburn
Legendary June quotes to welcome summer.
25) “On this June day, the buds in my garden are almost as enchanting as the open flowers. Things in bud bring, in the heat of a June noontide, the recollection of the loveliest days of the year, those days of May when all is suggested, nothing yet fulfilled.” – Francis King
26) “June is bustin’ out all over.” – Oscar Hammerstein II
27) “And since all this loveliness can not be Heaven, I know in my heart it is June.” – Abba Woolson
28) “Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June.” – Al Bernstein
29) “Stop a minute, right where you are. Relax your shoulders, shake your head and spine like a dog shaking off cold water. Tell that imperious voice in your head to be still.” – Barbara Kingsolver
Enjoy summer and June quotes…
30) “Summer is a promissory note signed in June, its long days spent and gone before you know it, and due to be repaid next January.” – Hal Borland
31) “The summer night is like a perfection of thought.” – Wallace Stevens
32) “Then followed that beautiful season…Summer…Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light, and the landscape Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
33) “There are moments, above all on June evenings, when the lakes that hold our moons are sucked into the earth, and nothing is left but wine and the touch of a hand.” – Charles Morgan
34) “June is the time for being in the world in new ways, for throwing off the cold and dark spots of life.” – Joan D. Chittister
June quotes offer inspiration and hope.
35) “It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside.” – Maud Hart Lovelace
36) “What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.” – Gertrude Jekyll
37) “If you could not do much in the month of April with five letters, think of what really you can do with the month of May with three letters before you open the door of the month of June with four letters. Which is the break time for the entire twelve months of the year. Until you clearly understand how you are spending the year, you shall finish spending it and ponder over how you spent it, year after year! No one is absolutely free from excuses and the challenges of life. You just have to do something great with each day in the year!” – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
I hope you enjoyed these quotes!
Please share these June quotes with your friends and family.