Dolly Parton first recorded the classic hit ‘Jolene’ in 1974 and it’s easily one of her signature songs. It stands the test of time and is as popular today as it was when it was first released.
Dolly recorded an unforgettable version of the hit song with the a cappella masterminds, Pentatonix, and it will blow you away. There are no instruments but you’ll be clapping along the entire time because of the impressive rhythmic sounds and unbelievable vocal range of Dolly and the entire Pentatonix group.
Watch Pentatonix and Dolly Parton perform ‘Jolene’…
Here are our favorite YouTube comments from “Pentatonix and Dolly Parton” by PTXofficial:
- “Everybody gangsta until Dolly pulls that “Jolene” card.” – EXTR3M3M00D
- “Me: I’m not a big fan of country music Dolly: Jolene Jolene Also me: jOleNe JOlenE.” – Leah R.
- “Me – I don’t like country dolly-exists me – jOLenE jOlENe jOlEEENeEeEe.” – AmazinglyPotato
- “It doesn’t matter if you’re into house music, rap, or indie…when Jolene comes on everybody’s country.” – Penny Leigh Ann
- “70-year-old Dolly has a crystal clear powerful hexatonic voice !” – Word of Mouth
- “You can tell how happy Dolly Parton was. She was stunned and amazed! Remaking a hit song.” – lateef yusuff
- “Ok, but Dolly’s little bounce at the end was adorable.” – EspeonMagic
- “When Dolly smiles, God and Jesus smile. Beautiful.” – Sam B
- “Everyone: Jolene Jolene Avi: J O L E N E J O L E N E J O O L E N E When Dolly smiles, God and Jesus smile. Beautiful.” – Earl S. Moore
- “Wow…Miss Dolly didn’t lose any of her voice with the years...I wasn’t expecting to see her still at the top of her game at her age.” – Mickr4
- “Plot twist: Jolene was the guy’s childhood fish.” – MountainRain