Did you know there’s an entire day dedicated to laughter? International Moment of Laughter Day is celebrated every year on April 14. The purpose of the day is to get people laughing and having fun. So if you’re feeling down, or just need a break from all the stress, take some time today to laugh it off!
There are plenty of funny jokes and memes out there to help get you started! In the meantime, take a moment to read the following 43 laughter quotes by people who understand that laughter is the best medicine. Enjoy!
Let the International Moment of Laughter Day quotes begin!
1) “Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine.” – Lord Byron
2) “A very Happy International Moment of Laughter Day to you my dear. Don’t ever let your stress take over your smiles and laughs.”
3) “Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh.” – W. H. Auden
4) “A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book.” – Irish proverb
5) “We don’t laugh because we are happy, we’re happy because we laugh.” – William James
6) “I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.” – Robert Fulghum
7) “The Creator made humans able to walk and talk, to see and hear…to do everything. But the Creator wasn’t satisfied. Finally, the Creator made humans laugh, and when they laughed and laughed, the Creator said, “Now you are fit to live”.” – Traditional Apache Story
8) “A day without laughter is a day wasted.” – Charlie Chaplin
9) “Get into the habit of laughing; too many of us have forgotten how to laugh. As people grow older, they sometimes forget that they ever laughed. It is a part of their childhood that they can no longer remember.” – Maxwell Maltz
All these people understand the benefits of laughter!
10) “A good laugh heals a lot of hurts.” – Madeleine L’Engle
11) “I have seen what a laugh can do. It can transform almost unbearable tears into something bearable, even hopeful.” – Bob Hope
12) “He who laughs, lasts.” – Mary Pettibone Poole
13) “The head thinks, the hands labor, but it’s the heart that laughs.” – Liz Curtis Higgs
International Moment of Laughter Day Quotes by Mark Twain.
14) “[Humanity] has unquestionably one really effective weapon – laughter. Power, money, persuasion, supplication, persecution – these can lift at a colossal humbug – push it a little – weaken it a little, century by century, but only laughter can blow it to rags and atoms at a blast. Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.” – Mark Twain
15) “Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand.” – Mark Twain
16) “Humor and laughter are not necessarily the same thing. Humor permits us to see into life from a fresh and gracious perspective. We learn to take ourselves more lightly in the presence of good humor. Humor gives us the strength to bear what cannot be changed, and the sight to see the human under the pompous.” – Joan Chittister
17) “I have always felt that laughter in the face of reality is probably the finest sound there is and will last until the day when the game is called on account of darkness. In this world, a good time to laugh is any time you can.” – Linda Ellerbee
18) “If you are too busy to laugh, you are too busy.” – Unknown
19) “International Moment of Laughter Day reminds each one of us that it is time to wear a smile and laugh our hearts out.”
Celebrate International Moment of Laughter Day, a day of national laughter!
20) “A good laugh is a mighty good thing, a rather too scarce a good thing.” – Herman Melville
21) “It is cheerful to God when you rejoice or laugh from the bottom of your heart.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
22) “Laugh out loud because that is how you should live life. Say goodbye to stress and share a funny joke instead. Warm wishes on International Moment of Laughter Day.”
23) “Laughing is, and will always be, the best form of therapy.” – Dau Voire
24) “Life literally abounds in comedy if you just look around you.” – Mel Brooks
25) “Make sure you spend each and every day laughing with the people you love to bring happiness and positivity to your life. Happy International Moment of Laughter Day.”
26) “Man, when you lose your laugh you lose your footing.” – Ken Kesey
27) “Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything.” – Kurt Vonnegut
28) “International Moment of Laughter Day is all about creating a positive atmosphere around us by laughing together and spreading smiles and joy.”
29) “And I have one of those very loud, stupid laughs. I mean if I ever sat behind myself in a movie or something, I’d probably lean over and tell myself to please shut up.” – J.D. Salinger
Nothing beats a laughing moment you share with family and friends.
30) “A good laugh overcomes more difficulties and dissipates more dark clouds than any other one thing.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
31) “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.” – Phyllis Diller
32) “So many tangles in life are ultimately hopeless that we have no appropriate sword other than laughter.” – Gordon W. Allport
33) “A smile starts on the lips, a grin spreads to the eyes, a chuckle comes from the belly; but a good laugh bursts forth from the soul, overflows, and bubbles all around.” – Carolyn Birmingham
34) “Sometimes I laugh so hard the tears run down my leg.” – Unknown
35) “A good laugh is sunshine in the house.” – William Thackeray
36) “The best way of removing negativity is to laugh and be joyous.” – David Icke
37) “A very Happy International Moment of Laughter Day to all. Never miss on an opportunity to laugh because laughter is the best medicine.”
38) “Warm wishes on International Moment of Laughter Day to everyone. Life is too short and we must enjoy it to the fullest with some good jokes to laugh at.”
39) “We often forget to laugh at funny things because we are too busy with life and focus too much on our problems. Don’t sweat the small stuff and enjoy life on International Moment of Laughter Day.”
International Moment of Laughter Day Quotes…
40) “A well-balanced person is one who finds both sides of an issue laughable.” – Herbert Prochnow
41) “When you laugh with the people you love the most, you actually add more years to your life. Wishing you a very Happy International Moment of Laughter Day.”
42) “If we couldn’t laugh, we would all going to go insane.” – Jimmy Buffett
43) “You will feel much happier and healthier if you find more reasons to laugh. Happy International Moment of Laughter Day to you.”
I hope you enjoyed these International Moment of Laughter Day quotes!
Please share these International Moment of Laughter Day quotes with your friends and family.