Inflation is no laughing matter, but sometimes a little humor can help us cope with the rising prices of consumer goods and services. That’s where inflation memes come in. With everything from toilet paper shortages, skyrocketing gas prices, and the high price of eggs, these memes poke fun at the absurdity of our current economic situation.
As prices rise, currencies fluctuate, and the cost of living increases, humor becomes an unlikely but effective tool to address the serious topic of inflation. For that reason, we’ve compiled 29 of the funniest inflation memes to help you laugh away the pain. So sit back, relax, and enjoy a little levity in these uncertain times.
1) Let the inflation memes begin!
“I am increasing interest rates to combat inflation. Good! Food, energy, housing, and transport costs will decrease. They will decrease right?”
2) Putting on a brave face for inflation memes.
“There won’t be inflation. There is no inflation. Inflation is transitory. Inflation is good.”
3) When you complain about inflation memes trying to poke fun at the economy.
“Complain about inflation. Make more money.”
4) When you finally get a raise…
“Finally getting a raise at work: I got you, brother! Me. Inflation: Oh, no, you don’t!”
5) Inflation memes when you’re trying to figure out who benefits from it.
“General Mills – Maker of Cheerios, Yoplait, Nature Valley, etc – said today that they’re making huge profits by raising prices on consumers. Their quarterly profits have increased 20% year over year. All the growth came from price hikes. Corporate profits are driving inflation. Don’t tell me corporations have no choice but to raise prices. Corporate profits have hit 70-year highs. Stock buybacks reached 1 TRILLION last year. News flash: They’re using inflation as cover to squeeze more money out of you.”
6) When inflation hits you where it hurts.
“Me getting a decent raise. Inflation, taxes, my own poor money managing skills.”
7) When that dollar isn’t so valuable.
“I have a trillion dollars in Zimbabwe dollars.”
8) When inflation = higher profits.
“Inflation. Higher profits to companies.”
9) When you win the lottery so you finally buy eggs.
“I won’t tell anyone I won the lottery but there will be hints.”
10) Can you print inflation memes too?
“If you can just print money then why am I paying taxes?”
11) When you avoid looking in the rear view mirror.
“Inflation. The crumbling bond market. Soft landing fantasy. Higher interest rates. 401ks imploding. Real estate decline. Big tech layoffs. Silvergate capital. First republic bank. Silicon valley bank. Signature bank. Credit Suisse. Wall Street trying to escape the 2023 collapse.”
12) When the cost of groceries don’t scare you.
“When you leave for the grocery store and inflation doesn’t scare you.”
13) When the middle class doesn’t mean the same thing anymore.
“Me: After years of working hard I am finally middle class. Inflation: I said, you poor!”
14) When you’re looking forward to Black Friday.
“Never in a million years, did I ever think, I’d ever feel this way, after a decade of witnessing it firsthand on the other side. I never believed in its purpose, and my past hostility for those who participated in it, can’t even be described. However, given how there is so much inflation in today’s world, I now see the light. Which, is why, I’m finally declaring, that Black Friday matters.”
15) When hyperinflation memes enter the chat…
“People in Germany after WWI making a mattress.”
16) When even your purse is upset.
“Wife’s purse when we go shopping during inflation.”
17) When inflation rises…
“Inflation rises. Creditors. Debtors.”
18) When you can’t afford a soda.
“When you see a 12-pack of soda now costs $8.99.”
19) When your paycheck keeps getting smashed.
“Taxes. Bills. Inflation. Food. Gas prices. My paycheck.”
20) Funny inflation memes about the high price of eggs.
“That awkward moment when you and your wife realize you’re going to need a bigger truck to run to the grocery store for a few eggs.”
21) When the media controls the mind.
“The Washington Post: Republicans are scaremongering about inflation to deal the Democratic agenda. Forbes: The inflation scare doesn’t match reality. CNBC: Inflation looks bad now, but it’s pretty much sticking to the script. MSNBC: Why the inflation we’re seeing now is a good thing.”
22) When even LEGO city feels the effects.
“There is a rapid and severe economic inflation in LEGO city.”
23) When inflection affects your family.
“Those figures look inflated. Is inflation affecting your family? No – 124%. Yes – 195%.”
24) When a dollar bill doesn’t buy much.
“The United States Department of the Treasury dropped new $1 bills.”
25) Trying to laugh at inflation memes after getting a raise.
“When you get a 5% raise but remember that inflation is 9%.”
26) When inflation takes everything you have.
“Me with my paycheck. Food, water, shelter, and clothes. Inflation.”
27) Oh no! We’ve almost reached the end of this list of inflation memes…
“World without inflation.”
28) When even lettuce becomes expensive.
“Years of getting made fun of for only eating salad. Now it’s a delicacy. Who’s laughing now!”
29) When you’re back to the lower class.
“When you finally make it to the middle class but inflation gets so high it makes you lower class again.”
I hope you enjoyed these inflation memes!
“Money printer goes brrr…”
Please share these inflation memes with your friends and family.