Volunteer Fireman Answered a Call about a House Fire but Was Shocked When He Arrived on Scene

When Mike Heim, Maryland volunteer firefighter, responded to a house fire in Calvert County, he wasn’t prepared for what he would see that morning. The address that was given was on Heim’s street but it was the incorrect address for a home down the street. When Heim came down a different route to connect a fire hydrant, he came to the realization that it was his home that was on fire.

Even if it was his home, he grabbed a hose and started fighting the fire with his team. The fire started in the bedroom and he was able to salvage a bible, his coffee container, a friend’s photo album, and an antique fire nozzle.

Maryland volunteer firefighter Mike Heim, 48, was shocked to find his home was on fire.

Solomons VRSFD

Solomons VRSFD

 

Firefighters helped put out the blaze that was started by an electrical problem in the master bedroom. Once the fire was out, the entire house was lost.

Solomons VRSFD

Solomons VRSFD

 

Nothing was able to be salvaged except for a bible, his coffee container, a friend’s photo album, and an antique fire nozzle.

Solomons VRSFD

Solomons VRSFD

H/t: HuffPost

To help rebuild his life, his friends and colleagues at the fire station setup a GoFundMe campaign to help raise $50,000. As of Feb. 23, it is already at $22,000 and if you would like to donate, please visit his GoFundMe page.

Thanks for sharing! Like us on Facebook for more stories like this!