If you’ve ever done any language learning, chances are you’re familiar with Duolingo. The app is famous for its gamified approach to lessons and flashcards, making it one of the most popular language-learning tools out there. And while it can be frustrating sometimes (I’m still struggling with those darned accent marks in French), it’s a great way to learn a new language. But one of its most intriguing features is an owl mascot that you wouldn’t want to meet in a dark alley because it often feels like it’s stalking you. And that’s why these Duolingo memes are so funny because some of the things the owl says can be both terrifying and hilarious at the same time. The following 35 funny memes best illustrate just how funny the Duolingo owl really is. Enjoy!
Let the Duolingo memes begin!
1) “Are you going to sleep? Yes, I am. Now shut up. But you missed your Spanish lesson today.”
2) “Your [censored] is grass and I’m the lawnmower.”
3) “Beg for your weird knife in Spanish.”
4) “Coming soon.”
5) “I’m coming for you.”
6) “Did you learn a new language? Si. What did it cost? Mi Familia.”
7) “Duolingo owl: Beg for your life in Spanish. Me: Please just let my son go. Duolingo owl: Spanish, [censored], do you speak it?”
8) “Dutch Duolingo is NOT [censored] around: Type what you hear. You are correct. Translation: I am selling my mother-in-law for a euro.
9) “5 in a row! Well done! 5 more days and we let your brothers out of the gulag!”
10) “Hi! It’s Duo. Looks like missed your Korean lesson. You know what happens now. Emergency Alert. BALLISTIC MISSILE THREATS INBOUND SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.”
11) “If you delete Duolingo, I’ll delete your family. I’ve deleted it 5 times where are you at?”
12) “Italian Friends: Ciao, Emily! Come stai? Me, a Duoling Scholar: Translate this sentence: Danger is my bread and death is my butter.”
13) “Look like you missed your Italian lesson again, good luck talking your way out of this one! Why is the mafia at the house?”
14) “Looks like you forgot your Spanish lessons again. You know what happens now! Intruder Alert (Back Door). Proceed with caution.”
The Duolingo Owl doesn’t mess around!
15) “Me: *neglects my duo lingo app*. The Duolingo Owl:”
16) “My goal in life? Me and my girlfriend are on holiday somewhere where they speak Spanish. We’re at the restaurant. The server comes up to us to ask us what we want to order. I speak to the waiter. My Spanish is flawless. My girlfriend looks at me in awe. We don’t end up eating dinner bc we go back to the hotel where she [censored] me senseless. The end. Wow, the people at Duolingo are really getting more creative with their ads.”
17) “Normal heartbeat. Deceased heartbeat. When you miss your Spanish lesson.”
18) “Oops, that’s not correct. Die.”
19) “Oops, that’s not correct. Run for your life.”
20) “Pentagon. Hexagon. Octagon. Yourfamilygon.”
21) “Duolingo can be funny sometimes. The president has small hands. You are correct.
22) “It’s simple, Spanish or vanish.”
23) “When someone forgets to do their French lessons so you steal their kidney and sell it on the deep web: Hehe.”
24) “It’s Spanish time! No, Duo, no!”
25) “Thanks to Duolingo I can now have a breakdown in Norwegian. Type what you hear. Translation: I am eating bread and crying on the floor.”
26) “The Duolingo bird when you haven’t practiced in 2 days: Beg for your life in Spanish.”
27) “2 more failed lessons and your family goes missing.”
28) “Unpopular opinion: The Duolingo bird is the most forced meme of 2019. Buddy, the only thing that’s gonna be forced is my way into your house.”
29) “When I forget to learn Spanish for two days: Me.”
30) “Why is the owl in my house.”
31) “Your skin would be good wallpaper.”
I hope you enjoyed these funny Duolingo memes!
Please share these funny Duolingo memes with your friends and family.