Animals can be the most unlikely friends like this squirrel playing with the family cat on a rooftop like best friends. When it comes to flocks of birds though, you generally don’t think of exotic birds like a cockatoo to mingle with crows but in this instance, it happened!
On a windy day in Carlsbad, CA a mother and her son went to see a flock of crows making noise in the neighborhood. As they took a closer look, they noticed something strange about the flock. A cockatoo joined their flock and the crows accepted it as part of the family.
Watch kind crows accepting a cockatoo as part of their flock…
It’s unsure whether this cockatoo was someone’s pet and/or lost; however, this lovely cockatoo has a new family and looks pretty happy.
Here are some of our favorite YouTube comments for the video, “A Kindness of Crows including a Cockatoo” by Sarah Bo:
- “Crows alert other birds to predators like hawks. Smart cockatoo to be hanging out with birds best whistleblowers.” – j cloud
- “Wow, that’s pretty seen all getting together wish we all b the same 👍” – slruiz1986
- “Birds are really amazing!” – Ruby Choudhury
- “When the prep child is adopted by a flock of goths…” – thetruefeatherqueen
- “Well, you know you cant call that cockatoo the black sheep of the family LMFAO Birds are amazing. Im sure the parrot learned how to mimic the crow’s calls and was allowed in the flock. Just hope the cockatoo isn’t someone bird. Not sure where the video was taken. so can’t say if it’s wild.” – Sonny Mushy
- “Awh little guy got lost from his home but made friends with some birdy who’ll help them.” – Friendly Cryptid
Please share these kind crows accepting a cockatoo as part of their flock with your friends and family.